Intern - GBS Finance (Order to Cash) - Summer 2021Finance | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Finance Intern to join our team for the Summer of 2021. This exciting opportunity will sit within our Global Business Services team with a focus on the Order to Cash tower. We are looking for a student who is willing to commit to an internship with our team beginning on June 7, 2021 and ending on or around August 20, 2021. The position will be based remotely and will report into our Global Process Owner.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
The Intern will have exposure to a number of projects throughout the course of the summer. Here are some examples of projects the incumbent will have exposure to by working on the Invoice to Pay tower:
- Understanding the total end-to-end O2C process/full cycle (overview): customer master data, credit management, cash application management, collections & dispute management, AR month-end processing and reporting.
- Credit reviews: to work with Senior O2C Support Team members (Nancy, Sarah & Alane) for learning and processing customer credit review
- Lean wavers & Bonds processing: to work with O2C Associate (Alex) for learning and processing customer lean wavers & bonds
- Dispute Management: work closely with the assigned BPO (CTS AR Managers) on root cause analysis of invoice disputes
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Minimum rising junior in standing
- Knowledge of project planning methodologies such as critical path planning.
- Knowledge of computers and database/spreadsheet/ word processing software
- Knowledge of basic query functions for the purpose of report creation
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and basic presentation tools
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision
- Ability to work with wide range of people
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.