Field Sales Engineer - Clean WaterSales | Any Location - United Kingdom, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The role of the Clean Water Area Field Sales Engineer is to provide the leadership and direction to Sales, Service & Contracts teams for assessing the customer’s pump requirements, and provide the strategy for an appropriate solution, addressing the customer’s specific project requirements. A sound knowledge of pump technology and the UK municipal and general industrial clean water pump markets will be key.
They will proactively support internal sales engineers in selling pumps with the main objective of adding technical value and support to any opportunity concerning customer pump enquiries.
Working direct with end users, contractors or consultants and interfacing with the existing Field Sales Engineers he / she will have to help identify the basic specification and scoping, and ensure it is aligned with the company’s products, services and any existing end user agreements.
Reporting to Regional Sales Manager, he / she will support the objectives and the overall business development phase of the planned growth in market share.
- Spends a major part of his / her time with customers to build and maintain an excellent understanding of the market, its end users’ contractors and consultants.
- Offer strong customer support through an understanding of their processes and the products and services the company has to offer.
- Facilitate the proposal generation for pumps working with internal sales engineers providing strategy and guidance.
- Create and execute tactical plans which support the growth of clean water pump business in the assigned territory.
- Ensure the company’s quotation management system SalesForce (CRM) is regularly updated with all the relevant information concerning the opportunity including accurate forecasting.
- Help manage technical queries and be the customer’s trusted expert on pump solutions.
- Pro-actively identify new and unsolicited business opportunities through existing and new customers.
- Turn business opportunities into profitable bookings through value added support, scoping and pricing.
- Bachelor of Science & Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree (preferred).
- Two years of pump sales into an engineered / semi-engineered environment.
- Knowledge of municipal pump applications and UK Water industry specifications (WIMES) to be able to offer constructive support with customer enquiries.
- Have a pro-active and opportunity driven personality which needs minimal managerial direction and sets and drives own activities and priorities aligned to the company and regional business strategies and objectives.
- Strong analytical abilities accompanied with proficient understanding of pump products.
- Must have motivational skills and a high sense of urgency to recognize sales opportunities and associated deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high level of business acumen and understanding including opportunity evaluation, technical selling, priority setting, sales processes and commercial aspects.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective communication with customers and internally working as a team. High level of confidence with both customers and Company associates at all working levels.
- Ability to produce sales reports when required