Director - Product Management OperationsProduct Management | Any Location - North America, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Director, Product Management Operations. The Director, Product Management Operations is responsible for driving the overall rhythm and processes throughout the product management function and across the enterprise. Xylem wishes to strengthen and improve the product management function to help deliver incremental growth, profitability and customer satisfaction. This role is critical to a well-functioning, execution oriented team, and to ensure that we are leveraging industry best practices, methods, and tools across the business.
**This position can be based and performed in any location in the United States, except Colorado**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the global Product Plan process. This includes continually improving and maintaining a common Product Plan template across the business, training and ensuring Product Managers properly use the template, and facilitate x-functional Product Plan reviews for each product line.
- Responsible for managing the ‘Product Management University’ and providing Product Manager training to the global product management teams. This includes managing the relationship with strategic training partners and expanding the training portfolio to include key elements of digital transformation, digital literacy, and other competencies essential to the development of the product management community.
- Responsible for the Voice of the Customer (VOC) process and training. This includes providing enterprise-wide training, institutionalizing VOC methods and best practices, and creating a VOC Center of Excellence.
- Supports the Product Lifecycle Management and quarterly reporting process, and development and successful execution of a simple, streamlined, automated reporting process.
- Supports development, planning and execution of an annual Innovation, Technology, and Product Management (ITP) collaborative event and periodic speed networking events for the ITP organization.
- Collaborates with Finance, Information Technology, Operations, Product Management, Project Management and Continuous Improvement to implement a routine SKU Rationalization process.
- Benchmarks other world class product management organizations, and adopt best practices. Engage with industry associations such as PDMA, AIPMM, etc. to stay current on industry trends and implementing best practices into Xylem’s product management organization.
- Other responsibilities to be defined as the Product Management function continues to strengthen and evolve. Actively maintains the Product Management website.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or Master’s degree in project or product management, or product development preferred
- 5-10 years of product management experience
- 3-5 years project management experience
- Ability to travel 25% to 50%.
- Previously worked in a global product management organization
- Understands the role product managers play to drive profitable, sustainable growth of their product lines throughout the enterprise, in all regions, and across multiple functions.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills to effectively work with customers, business partners, vendors, staff and management from a variety of skill levels and different authority levels.
- Effective global collaboration across multiple sites, teams, functions and cultures.
- Ability to make creative use of limited resources, and to get things done through others.
- Demonstrated experience working in an international environment and in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly delegate responsibilities and facilitate discussions toward a productive end.
- Strong project planning, management, and execution skills and the ability to proactively develop, implement, and manage efficient processes and systems.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to balance and prioritize competing demands and deadlines.
- Adaptive to feedback and focused on continuous improvement of operations and programs.
- Leads and influences product management and other functional teams that do not report to them.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and process data and ideas and make decisions with imperfect information.
- Knowledge of Market/Product strategy & planning, and sales enablement and execution.
- General understanding of databases and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools (e.g. Salesforce.com). Knowledge of financial management practices and technology is beneficial.
- Continuous Improvement mindset experience and skills.
- Passionate about the Product Management function.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Daily walking both to and from the office and throughout the manufacturing areas is necessary based upon specific daily job demands.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.