Digital Content DeveloperMarketing | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: We are looking for an exceptional Digital Content Developer to join our global marketing team and help us build our next generation of websites and digital assets. The ideal candidate is passionate about user experience and will possess the necessary technical, design and editing skills to produce work that is cohesive and meets our brand standards. Proficiency with HTML and CSS is a must.
To be successful, you must thrive in a fast-paced corporate environment and move easily between publishing content for internal stakeholders, developing custom landing pages, finding opportunities to improve SEO, and managing a variety of operational processes. Experience with project management, content migration, and large-scale site management is a plus. This is not a writing position, but excellent editing and proofreading skills are desired.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Building compelling web pages in partnership with internal stakeholders who focus on content engagement and driving measurable conversions
- Contributing to video strategy – driving production standards and publishing across various promotion channels (web, social media, advertising, etc.)
- Copyediting content for consistency, accuracy, style, and alignment with brand standards
- Creating, editing or modifying web graphics
- Assisting in the identification of objectives and goals; advise content owners on best practices for optimizing content for SEO
- Collaborating and coordinating with content owners for their audits, reconciliation and content migration
- Managing stakeholder expectations and deadlines; track and ensure timely and successful completion of projects and deliverables
- Reviewing and identifying out-of-date or inaccurate content; work with owners to modify and update content
- Uploading and managing media in our digital asset management system and video platform
- Developing email communications and responsive landing pages/templates on our marketing automation platform that conform to brand guidelines and functional specifications
- Managing the Cvent mobile app for our yearly user conference
- Maintaining key operational tools and processes for the team such as style guides, content matrices, trademark compliance, domain registration/management
- Managing the translation process for web content
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, business, library science, or related studies
- 2+ years of content management system and production support
- 3+ years of demonstrated proficiency in HTML/CSS
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital design, flow and site organization
- Experience managing projects and campaigns and effectively communicating with internal stakeholders
- Good understanding of SEO optimization, keyword and metadata tag management
- Is comfortable with working across various time zones
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and a natural ability to take initiative
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop)
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Portfolio of recent work
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics preferred)
- Curiosity and interest in keeping up-to-date with the latest trends in design, agile methodology, and user experience and web landing pages
- Experience with WordPress, Marketo, Webdam and Salesforce digital tools
- Experience with multi-language websites
- Is hands-on, completes task, and is dependable
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict and identify solutions
- Ability to work independently and with a team
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.