Data Analyst (Water & Utilities)Operations | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem is seeking a Data Analyst with 1 to 3 years' experience to join Xylem’s key water industry client projects as part of an early-stage technology division within Xylem. This position offers the opportunity to join Xylem’s utility digital solution technology team in their endeavor to use data-driven technology and SaaS deployments to solve age-old infrastructure problems.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Support client delivery of Water Utility metering inaccuracies by completing data integrations, including: SQL data transformations, data cleaning, and data analysis in order to launch new clients
•Support client delivery by independently running queries for the development of client insights
•Performs conversion of data into insights that will lead to informed decisions for the client
•Monitoring ETL and ongoing data integrations and resolve issues as they arise in a timely manner
•Other data analytics related tasks to support the HRL software development, client delivery, product management, and data science teams
•Create and maintain documentation and processes for data integration
•Identify and address process improvements such as automation projects that can improve efficiency, improve integration scalability, and reduce errors
•Communicate with client’s IT department and technical personnel to review data exchange protocol and review fields and formats required for successful integration
•Clearly and professionally communicates technical information verbally and written.
•Participates in internal and client meetings; prepares presentation material for client meetings with supervision and facilitates sections of client meetings.
•Locate, understand and communicate client expectations from relevant documents. Identify when client expectations cannot be met and escalate as needed.
•Understands troubleshooting and problem solving principles.
•Understands and leverages the skills of the wider delivery and cross functional teams in order to solve problems.
•Technologies involved but not limited to: AWS Redshift, AWS S3, Git & Github, Docker, Jupyter Notebooks
•Languages involved but not limited to: SQL, Python
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
•1 to 3 years' related work experience in Information Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or other relevant field with a Bachelor's degree required.
•Organized, disciplined and focused approach
•Possess creative and innovative problem-solving skills, self-motivated and proactive, collaborative, and demonstrates calmness during times of uncertainty or stress.
•1 to 3 years of SQL or database query or scripting. Proficient with relational databases and using SQL to query, create tables, views, indexes, joins.
•Familiarity with database architecture
•Interested in automated systems
•Passion for Client Success
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.