Area Sales Manager Marine EMEASales | Hoddesdon, UK, United Kingdom
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Overview of the role:
Responsible for developing and managing sales to distribution channels and direct OEMs for Specialty Flow Control (SFC) products in the European leisure marine market. This includes the re-engagement and expansion of existing, sleeping or underperforming channels as well as developing new channel partners. It will also include establishing performance measures and targets for these channel partners.
This role must be recognized as an ambassador for the Specialty Flow Control business and its products. The incumbent must have strong drive, good interpersonal and business development skills and commercial acumen to liaise with multiple stakeholders at many different levels within our customer base. Analyzing industry trends, resolving problems, dealing with complex situations and implementing change are all key for successful performance.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Within assigned areas develop the medium term sales strategy for development and expansion of sales in the Marine segment
- Collaborate with existing channel partners, in the leisure marine segment regarding increasing sales, identifying new areas for business, sharing success stories
- Improve channel partner management through initiatives such as reactivation of “sleeping” channel partners with respect to segment
- Analyze distribution and industry trends, recommend new channels and channel partners in growth areas, help with the setup, change management and successful launch of new channel partners
- Visit channel partners and influence existing sales force as required to ensure the success of existing and new channels developed
- Leverage existing OEM growth strategy processes and success stories to build the case for new partnerships and win new business.
- Review existing non direct OEM customers where they may need to now be direct accounts.
- Deliver effective presentations, education and customer intimacy initiatives as required to channel partners to help them improve their business and to help Specialty Flow Control win more business from competitors (compelling seminars, demonstrations and other education that conveys technically complex material in an easy to understand way and engages partners with our product and brand).
- Represent the company and its values in its relationship with channel partners and other stakeholders at all times.
- Bring Voice of Customer information, and key competitor information back to the Specialty Flow Control management teams to enable continuous improvement activities and drive growth.
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Sales strategy & planning
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Managing change
- Customer Responsiveness & intimacy
- Inspiring accountability
- Strong leisure marine market knowledge.
- Sales execution
- External: Industry associations; channel partners; sales staff
- Internal: SFC business, Sales teams, BDMs, Applications support, Customer service team
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Marine market knowledge (leisure marine)
- Experience in sales to international distributors and OEMs
- Able to understand and explain Engineered products
- Ability to develop relationships at multi levels within our customer base and across different cultures in EMEA
- Business development experience
- Self-sufficiency and initiative
- Degree level education or equivalent experience in field such as sales and marketing
- Fluent written and spoken English
- A second language is desirable but not essential
- Outstanding customer service
- Sales Leadership
- Planning and execution capabilities
- Motivated & sales driven mindset
- Regular international travel
- May be located in Xylem office or home office, preferably UK based but can be based in mainland Europe, either way must be located near a major international airport
Standard weekly job hours: 37.25 hours plus outside hours as required for travel
Travel requirement: 50-75% travel required and participation in meetings across different time zones
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc).