Application EngineerEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
We’re Hiring an Application Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Application/Automation Engineer specializing in application support, process automation, web and command line tool development. He or she will be part of a team (FlexnetOps) responsible for supporting our Flexnet Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Software as a Solution (SaaS) projects.
We work with Software Solutions to release, enhance and debug our Flexnet products and solutions, serve as a knowledge base and escalation point (as Tier 3) to Customer Support teams, remotely commission and maintain AMI solutions, develop and maintain our own support solutions and participate in an on-call rotation (as Tier 2). Each member of the team is required to maintain an exemplary level of knowledge of our Flexnet solutions.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Knowledge and experience to develop, implement, and maintain technical processes and web/command line tools.
- Good analytical and debugging skills, strong software aptitude and creative ability, a rigorous approach to analyzing and resolving complex technical problems
- Requires a self-starter capable of taking initiative on all projects
- Propensity to generate and maintain operational documentation; to host internal training sessions
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 5+ years in Software Development and/or Engineering fields
- Operating systems: Linux (Red Hat/other), Windows (all flavors)
- Databases: MS SQL, Postgres
- IP network and Linux networking tools
- Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Perl scripting
- Web Development knowledge and experience
- Excellent written & oral communication skills with peers, end-users, and management
- Good organizational, email management and note taking skills
- Self-motivated; ability to work under general supervision; receptive and supportive of team efforts
- Background in Software Solutions (programming) is a plus
- Security: Knowledge of and experience with OpenVPN, Encryption, Firewalls, LDAP, Password Management is a plus.
SALARY: The estimated salary range for this position is $77,000 to $95,000. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.