Technical Support EngineerOperations | Uniontown, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Technical Support Engineer who will be part of the Technical Services group that provides AMI/AMR software/hardware and technical support for the three main utility markets (electric/gas/water) in North America served by Sensus. This position will perform 1st tier/triage technical support for software/hardware and phone/onsite technical support in water/gas/electric utility markets.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform software/hardware phone support and on-site support (on as needed basis), on AMR/AMI systems.
- Primary functions include telephone support of these products with a thorough understanding of our commitment to response times, call escalation procedures, and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in the day-to-day operations of handling Technical Service requests from Sales, Distributors, PM, and external customers using AMR/AMI systems with the expectancy of a minimum of 8 to 10 support calls a day.
- Resolve the customer's issues via their past experience, their current working knowledge, or by using the knowledge management tool within Salesforce.
- Provide excellent customer to the customers.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in computer science, network administration or electrical engineering; or equivalent experience is desirable
- This position requires 4-7 years of previous experience in a technical support role
- A working knowledge or experience with metering software/hardware products and AMR/AMI meter reading technology is an advantage.
- This position requires experience with meter reading software, web applications, UNIX/Linux commands/scripts, MySQL, SQL and basic SQL commands, as well as network troubleshooting.
- The position requires travel up to 10% of the time for any project support, field support issues, or internal training
- Must be flexible to work the non-standard hours Monday thru Friday and will have a rotating on-call schedule.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills required for phone support of software/hardware products.
- This position requires a self-starter and someone who takes the initiative on issues with minimal supervision.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.