Software EngineerEngineering | Middletown, CT, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
HYPACK, a Xylem brand, develops Windows-based software for the hydrographic and dredging industries. HYPACK was founded in 1984 as a small hydrographic consultancy. Today, HYPACK is one of the most widely used hydrographic surveying packages in the world, with more than 10,000 users. HYPACK provides surveyors and dredgers with all the tools needed to design, collect, process, analyze, and generate final products in ocean, coastal, and inland waters.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Software Engineer. As a member of the Software Engineering Team, you will be responsible for researching, designing, implementing, and managing our software programs. You will test and evaluate new programs and identify areas to modify existing programs. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Wants to create new and innovating products in hydrographic software.
- Is willing to learn from and teach colleagues about advanced topics
- Is a team player who excels working either remotely or in-person
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to present at conferences or submit papers based on work.
- Has strong customer focus
- Is ready to take a high degree of ownership over a product.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise with C++ and Git.
- Perform on an expert level with computer science topics such as data structures and algorithms.
- Professional experience developing software in a team-based setting.
Education and Experience:
- Attended an accredited University and achieved a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Hydrographic Area.
- Experience developing software at a professional level.
- Experience working collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards.
It would be awesome if you:
- Have experience writing software interfaces for hardware devices.
- Have taken part in a hydrographic survey using HYPACK.
- Knowledge of how hydrographic surveys are conducted and the common technologies utilized.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $80,000 to $120,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.