Regional Technical Service ManagerOperations | Phoenix, AZ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Regional Technical Service Manager: Manage and coordinate a wide variety of regional activities pertaining to the service operations with distributors, representatives and authorized service locations for several Xylem Water Solutions brands.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide service and shop operational guidance to the Sales/Service branch operations in the assigned area in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Guide the service efforts of all Flygt (and other relevant Xylem brands) distributors/representatives/OEM service facilities in the Region in accordance with company policies and procedures. Assist end users with service related issues which may include troubleshooting.
- Provide supervision and training to appropriate personnel to assure smooth, efficient and effective service operations (includes in-shop repairs, start-ups and field service).
- Interface with end-users (in some cases with reps and distributors) handling service problems and start ups either by phone or on-site visit. Assist office/sales personnel with product specifications as required.
- Assure adequate stock of product, parts and supplies; maintenance of shop equipment/machinery by vendors; service vehicles are properly equipped and operating efficiently and safely.
- Support the ‘service call center’ process by providing support to our end users.
- Conduct product education training seminars within assigned area for both direct and distribution branches with guidance from the National Training Center.
- Includes education and support related to all communication of Technical and Service bulletins.
- Collect and report on service and technical repair problems from the assigned area. Requires written reports to head office monthly. Perform or assist in warranty determination for direct and distribution service centers.
- Assist in direct branch service operations as necessary.
- The position has a dotted line to Regional Sales Manager to establish coordination of Branch operations and Sales as needed.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 5 years related experience working in the field of waste water projects and products.
- High School Diploma required. Continued education is preferred, but not required.
- Green Belt Certification Preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of the theories governing the operation and application of various Flygt electrical pumps, mixers, and controls as well as other relevant Xylem brand products.
- Working knowledge in water/wastewater processes, including pumping and various treatment equipment.
- Thorough understanding of systems troubleshooting and the benefits of establishing solid service practices for the operating and fiscal benefit of the company, distribution and the end-user.
- Very strong customer focus and interaction to ensure optimum relationships.
- Must have experience with electrical control panels, VFD’s, PLCs, SCADA systems and other electronic systems and instrumentation.
- Able to read and understand electrical schematic drawings to determine how to interface automation and control components inside electrical panels.
- Must have proactive ES & H focus in and around company and customer worksites; as well as on travel to and from.
- Strong leadership, supervisory, prioritization and communication skills (written and verbal) are necessary to help define, develop and enforce initiatives.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Quote for Service, & SFDC.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise.
- Shop/Field: May work around pipes, valves, electrical equipment and operating machinery, etc., such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities, construction sites and drinking water/wastewater treatment plants.
- Travel: Frequent travel is required to fulfill the duties listed above, likely up to 75% of the time. Other travel as needed or required by the company.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.