Quality EngineerEngineering | Auburn, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Quality Engineer/ Quality Technician for the Applied Water Systems division who will develop, implement and maintain quality system requirements on assigned areas of manufacturing and warranty.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage and execute the strategic projects related to Quality Assurance
- Promote use of new technologies to innovate and provide a competitive advantage.
- Ensure developed products meet quality and reliability goals. Serve as consultant for launched product continual improvement and assist in troubleshooting customers’ product related concerns.
- Provide treatment process technical support to sales, tendering, field service, engineering and project management staff.
- Develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals from concept process development to new product launch.
- Mentor / train operators in quality assurance (QA) concepts and quality control (QC) methods
- Member of the Material Review Board (MRB).
- Communicate and resolve quality issues and apply root cause analysis to drive corrective and preventive actions
- Work on continuous improvement activities. These may include participating in, and/or leading Quality Improvement Teams
- Provide quality reports and review trending on assigned areas of responsibility.
- Conduct failure investigations and problem analysis regarding customer complaints, stock evaluations, warranty returns, and CAPAs (internal or audit CAPAs).
- Support to Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials, Inspection, Distribution and/or Product Development Groups in order to assure quality.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Project Management skills
- High degree of Root Cause problem solving capability
- BS degree in Engineering or technical field
- Experience in manufacturing environment minimum 1-3 years
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliability/Warranty Engineering experience
- Broad knowledge of ISO9001 Quality Standard
- Broad knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Blueprint Reading, Basic Metrology,
- Broad knowledge of PFMEA and Quality Plan Development.
- Strong Statistical ability and experience including Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility, Statistical Process Control, Process Capability and Design of Experiments.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- ISO Lead Auditor
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma certification
- Experience in the machining and/or mechanical assembly industry
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light Lifting (20-25 lbs), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.