Quality EngineerOperations | Quenington, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
In this role as a Quality Engineer (QE), you will be working within the quality team to ensure the overall quality level of manufactured products. The QE’s responsibilities include defining quality standards, inspecting materials, equipment, processes, and products, developing quality control systems, and determining corrective actions in case of non-conformant products and processes. It also includes continuously supporting the business in various ways (e.g. Performing trainings or by running projects and kaizen).
The QE will also work with different stakeholders in both manufacturing and engineering, with the overall aim of making sure that the final products are safe, reliable, and meet customer expectations while keeping the manufacturing process as effective and cost-efficient as possible.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Run quality improvement activities such as kaizen/project.
- Support/educate the business in the use of quality tools
- Develop and apply inspection methods to analyze product quality
- Work together with relevant teams and departments to improve products, including external (e.g. suppliers)
- Ensure products adhere to company and industry quality standards
- Brainstorm ideas to create solutions for identified problems
- Document results and findings after inspections are carried out
- Create and maintain SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) in line with company and industry standards
- Work on continuous improvement of the manufacturing process
- Attend the workshops meeting and support the workshop with problem resolution
- Help with queries related to documents management
- Handle requests that are linked to different standards
- Improve product quality by making recommendations for change
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Technical education
- Experience in a quality assurance environment required
- Competent in the use of quality tools
- Experience/training in Share point
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications