Quality EngineerOperations | Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Brief Description/Job Summary (this section is to be used for postings on social media outlets):
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Quality Engineer for the Xylem-AWS-Buffalo, New York heat transfer facility. As a member of the Quality Team, the incumbent will be responsible for multiple aspects of quality assurance including performance of corrective actions, completion of quality improvement projects, supplier quality, and quality documentation. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to drive quality process improvements, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
(Describe benchmark key responsibilities in concise, comprehensive statements.)
- Responsible for leading continuous improvement activities and project execution to enhance quality operations
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective and preventive actions for process related failures and concerns.
- Work collaboratively with engineering, operations, customers, and suppliers to ensure quality requirements and project specifications are met.
- Create and maintain company quality documentation such as manuals, procedures, and work instructions.
- Train operators in quality procedures and work instructions
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining calibration records of measuring equipment
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
(Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in Quality, Manufacturing, or Engineering fields within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience with welding
- Experience working within quality systems such as ISO 9001:2015 or ASME
- Experience or certification in performing audits
- Exceptional communication skills; verbal, written, presentation
- Enthusiasm for change and skill development
- Strong computer proficiency and ease working with MS Office
- Work independently and proactively
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, project management and facilitation skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of the basics of quality management systems.
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Experience in pressure vessel fabrication including ASME Section VIII
- Experience in ASME Section III Nuclear code
- Experience working within union environments
- Experience in graphical analysis and technical writing
- Lean Six Sigma certification or training
- Understands statistical techniques, gauging and calibration, inspection systems, and NDE testing
- Capable of reading and understanding mechanical drawings, diagrams and other design related documents.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (10-25 lbs.), shop and office combined environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop: Welding, machining, and overhead crane operations in use. Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer and business needs
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. (Will be listed on all positions in the United States)