ICA Field Sales Engineer (Northern UK)Engineering | Nottingham, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Grow with us as an ICA Field Sales Engineer (Northern UK)
In this role you will be responsible to procure business, frameworks, contracts, projects & specification sales for Instrumentation, Control and Automation on behalf of Xylem Water Solutions UK Ltd. Together with the team, you will increase the Xylem brand profile within the all UK markets, specifically in the Northern area of the UK region (approximately ‘Midlands’ north).
You will be responsible for the development of business created within all Xylem Markets (e.g. Water Utilities, Infrastructure, Industry and Building Services as well as Contractors and Consultants for both Product Sales and Service Sales). You will be responsible for ensuring gains in share of wallet by offering all Xylem ICA products and services which specifically include:
- Instrumentation (various)
- Control Panels
- Variable Speed Drives
- Telemetry solutions
- Pump Controllers
- Digital solutions
- Condition Based Monitoring solutions
- You will be tasked within Water Utilities in the region with identifying & exploiting new frameworks, existing frameworks/sales, opportunities, new applications and support. The main goal is to ensure that Xylem is further recognised within the water utilities and its Contractors/Consultants which enables Xylem UK to further develop high level relations to procure incremental business by securing new contracts and by outperforming our competition.
- You also work in close co-operation with the Municipal/ Non Muni’ / Building Services Sales field sales engineers, product champions i.e. Treatment, Clean & Waste Water Products in developing the sales growth through Contractors, Engineering design consultants and contacts in line with Xylem Water Solutions Strategy. This to include both product and service sales revenue, with a clear focus on market business development for short, medium and long term projections.
- To grow within the market, you will also work closely with the local Xylem Service Area Manager & Service Teams whilst ensuring an aligned and channeled approach.
- Within this role, you develop new framework agreement opportunities that suit the Xylem ICA Product/Service capability. By developing new relationships within the customer base stakeholders and working in partnership with them, you ensure Xylem are in a strong position to win and maximise the potential gain in share of wallet.
- You develop and maintain Account Plans and Call Plans for both the Municipal and Infrastructure sectors which will include Contractors, Engineering Design Consultants, Infrastructure owners and end user contacts. You ensure they are being followed, supported and developed by the business in order to drive growth and sustain the strong relationships already in place, thus bringing them closer to Xylem.
- In addition, you proactively develop and maintain key contracts within the Water Utilities, Contractors and Infrastructure Customers ensuring discounts/rebate schemes are in place where applicable and are up to date. You coordinate these discounts/rebate schemes with the Xylem back office to ensure correct accruals of fees and discounts are applied as appropriate.
- You actively manage the Regional ICA Sales Budget whilst identifying growth areas to enhance set budgets.You research and maintain market intelligence, including information on competitors and price levels to assist in day to day decisions and the formulation of strategy and budget planning regarding the allocated markets and products.
- You also monitor competitor performance on Frameworks whilst developing strategic plans for new upcoming frameworks.
- Ensuring customer accounts are managed effectively from a Finance perspective by working closely with Xylem Accounts department to ensure accounts do not become overdue and that measures are in place to monitor customer payments.
- Of course where applicable, you (help) organise, facilitate and deliver Product/Service Presentations, Lunch & Learns etc. direct to all Customer variants. You also (help) organise customer events such as innovation days, site visits, factory visits and other associated customer facing events as part of the annual marketing plan or the strategic customer business plan for the region.
- You operate an approximately 40/40/20 weekly working ethos: 40% managing existing customers/accounts, 40% Prospecting new customers/opportunities and 20% quote follow-ups, diary management and admin.
- Any other duties, within your capabilities, as required by Management. i.e. Dispute resolution, troubleshooting customer issues, managing customer complaints, reacting to customer emergency requests.
What would you ideally bring to the team?
- At least 3 years working in the Municipal / Infrastructure Sector or adjacent markets.
- At least 3 years working in a Sales position, ideally with a scope around Instrumentation, Control and Automation. Worked in engineering but open to make the move to technical sales? Surprise us with your application!
- Engineering or Business qualification. We are open for someone who has the capability to learn, but already has the strong basics when it comes to ICA/electrical engineering.
- Curious and an open mindset to build relationships, as you will partner with different stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Experience of using a proprietary CRM system (‘Salesforce’ preferable).
- Existing contacts & relationships with relevant Water Company(s), Design Engineers and Key Tier 1 / M&E Contractors (preferable).
- Current or previous membership of relevant industry bodies (e.g. British Water, BPMA) (preferable).
- Full driving license (preferably clean).
Ready to solve water together with Xylem?