Field TechnicianOperations | Branchburg, NJ, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
- Let’s Solve Water! In Assessment Services, we do this in the field by assessing the condition of water pipelines using proprietary inspection technology, and by monitoring pipelines for deterioration using acoustic fiber optic (AFO) networks. This work directly contributes to optimizing water productivity, quality, and resilience. To start you’ll get lots of help and training, but eventually, you will run equipment and execute field work with minimal supervision. Because we are focused on excellent client service, we have a team of experts ready to support from afar.
- Preparation and documentation are key to successful pipeline inspections. You will have to assist/own the tasks associated with planning inspections and monitoring equipment installations, getting tools and equipment ready for mobilization, and will have to keep yourself organized. Office tasks include reviewing design drawings, writing planning documents, testing and preparing inspection and monitoring equipment, and timely submission of timesheets and expenses.
- Be a safety champion of yourself, your team members, and bystanders. This is done by participating in safety meetings, actively reviewing safety risks while project planning, and taking corrective actions when on site.
- Be forward thinking to prevent problems from arising, and be solutions oriented to troubleshoot and meet challenges on the fly. What we do isn’t simple, we are getting critical data using complex equipment in unpredictable environments.
- Be a coach, be a player. There are going to be times when you follow the direction of others and times when you set the direction. In all cases you must be adaptable and willing to help.
- Provide feedback in the spirit of improvement, may it be related to quality of work, process efficiency or project outcomes. Be constructively vocal because this is what will keep us at the forefront of the industry.
- Give back to your community by participating in Watermark, our corporate volunteer program focused on anything water related.
- High School Diploma or GED with 3 years previous experience in a field/shop/construction setting, or post-secondary education
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills; must be able to understand technical operating procedures, ask questions, and share observations (primary language in workplace environment is English)
- Proven ability to be well organized and punctual
- Dedicated team player committed to the safe and successful operations for everyone involved
- Availability to work overtime, weekends and holidays if needed
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform basic math skills
- Ability to read/learn to read construction drawings and/or maps
- Proven ability to complete assigned work in a timely manner with quality results
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to obtain a DOT Medical Card; must have a reasonable driver’s record
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
- Willing to work in confined spaces and outdoors in various weather conditions
- Certification in engineering/trades discipline
- Confined space certification
- Safety (i.e. OSHA 10) and CPR/First Aid certifications
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Be able to stand on feet for a prolonged amount of time
- May need to bend, lift, carry, and stretch to perform duties
- Continually required to use hands and fingers and reach with arms
- Frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work requires ability to work outdoors in various weather, traffic, and environmental conditions.
- Up to 75% Travel
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.