Customer Experience SpecialistOperations | Boise, ID, United States
We’re Hiring for a Customer Experience Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Customer Experience Specialist will be responsible for providing a variety of order processing and sales related support to both internal and external customers. In this role, the incumbent will also provide customer service which includes prompt and thorough responses to customer inquiries while maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers always. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits. Xylem will provide paid training for CDL upgrades (if applicable).
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Order Management: Processes orders for products and/or services from sales staff or direct customer contact. Orders may range from off-the-shelf quick ship to more longer cycle orders. Responsible for proactive, thorough follow up on order backlog to ensure order details are current. Provides timely communications on order status and changes to relevant parties. May coordinate and meet with other departments regarding order status, shipping dates, prices, product availability and back orders. Maintains virtual customer files with sales contracts and other information.
- Customer Billing Resolution: Investigates and resolves billing issues related to customer disputes as relayed from A/R collections team.
- Sales Support: Provide price & availability, formal quotations and other pre and post order support functions for standard products and services.
- Perform backup coverage within specific team and across other teams of similar function.
- Comply with all established policies and procedures.
- Participate in new initiatives as requested.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Bachelor’s degree or 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Legendary customer service skills; an unwavering passion for taking care of the customer.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong & respectful collaborative skills and business acumen
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base in a matrixed organization.
- Technical aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.