Application Engineer Monitoring & ControlsSales | Madrid, Spain, Spain
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries with over 17.000 employees, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
Reporting to the AED Manager and Monitoring & Control Product Manager, is responsible to ensure and provide engineering and technical support to the sales and service team, distributors and customers in key market segments supporting the selling of all products, solutions and services covered by the M&C and digital portfolio.
- Engineering/design of pumping systems (Electrical panels, PLCs, instrumentation, SCADA systems and communications).
- Standardization of solutions for Monitoring and Control systems for pumping systems.
- Assists in the preparation of technical documents, brochures, price list and catalogues to provide to customers an excellent response for standard and non-standard solutions.
- Support on Monitoring & Control product launches and digital solutions, internally and externally.
- Professionally dealing with, product, price & availability enquiries, requests, web caps.
- Competent knowledge of Monitoring & Control product features advantages and benefits and be able to professionally represent these to the customer.
- Participate on Monitoring & Control internal trainings/seminars for the local organization and external ones for customers.
- Understand the customers’ requirements communicated via either phone, e-mail or other media.
- Prepares Cost Estimates for all Technical requirements needed by the Sales group after conducting a technical and commercial review of customer specifications and terms and conditions.
- Managing technical dossiers for quality issues (technical specification, testing requirements, etc)
- Proven abilities to develop and maintain strong external and internal relationships.
- Customer and Service orientation, handling customer issues if and when these arise.
- Teamwork and the ability to actively engage and influence others.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and other related software.
- Produce basic CRM quotations, creating CRM opportunities
- Understand and complies with legal, ethical, and regulatory policies.
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the automation industry, preferably in the water sector and wastewater pumping.
- Electricity and electronics knowledge (Low voltage electrical panels and automation, PLCs and SCADA systems).
- Skilled with electrical design softwares (AutoCAD, EPLAN) and basic knowledge of PLC/SCADA programming softwares (CODESYS,…).
- Mechanical or Electronics engineering graduate or high school technical diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of different kind of product, clients and sales environment in the own market.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office
- High level in English and Spanish - both oral and written
- Availability to travel in Spain 20% of the time to visit clients
- Create and be accountable for all clients’ proposals, contracts and any further documentation, following company procedures
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, coworkers and management team
- Ability to use consistent business processes to achieve desired results, including ability to react appropriately and timely to changing business needs.