Technical Sales Representative- Mid-Central RegionSales | Omaha, NE, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: This position is responsible for selling company products and services to customers in an assigned territory with a defined sales target quota. The selected candidate will represent the company to the customer in all sales and post-sale activities. Applies knowledge of products, pricing plans, competition, marketing objectives and sales skills to sell company products/services. Provides feedback to the company concerning market trends, competitive information, and new opportunities for existing/new products/services.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Secure orders from existing and new customers by means of visiting the customer’s facility and contacting by phone/email.
- Develop strong working relationships with our laboratory distributor partners.
- Maintain high visibility, high profile schedule of customer contact and follow-up.
- Establish professional customer/vendor relationship with appropriate personnel.
- Submits monthly activity reports concerning customer-related activities for quotes, orders, and problems concerning customer relationships.
- Perform Equipment Demonstrations as required, maintain and provide safekeeping of demonstration equipment.
- Maintains monthly forecasts accurately projecting current and future business.
- Identifying and sourcing new business resulting in the growth of the territory.
- Establish and maintain communication with supervisor, marketing, customer support, and other inter-company personnel.
- Travel, as required, to achieve sales quota, and to meet goals and objectives set for the region. The position requires approximately 50% overnight travel.
- Continued attention to personal appearance and demeanor.
- Participate and network in local market associations in which customers participate to become a vital part of the “culture” in which the customer base exists.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with business partners.
- Effectively utilize corporate resources to maximize return on resource investment.
- Communicates to management knowledge of competitors in territory.
- Maintenance of client information in company CRM system
- File expense reports in a complete and timely manner
- Prepare business plans for coverage of territory
- Other administrative work
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must be well organized and highly motivated.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the sales process.
- Ability to manage multiple sales opportunities and tasks.
- Must possess reasoning ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be proficient in spreadsheet, word processor, and database software packages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and the metric system as well as apply mathematics to calculate discounts margins, percentages, volume etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
- Must maintain a good credit standing to accommodate business travel expenses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related science.
- Minimum three (3) years-analytical equipment sales experience.
- Any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers
- Regularly required to walk, sit, stand and drive a vehicle for extended periods
- Occasionally lift and or move up to 70lbs
- Vision or corrected vision for close, distance and peripheral vision
- While the functions, responsibilities, abilities and physical demands are representative of the characteristics needed or tasks encountered while performing the job, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne fumes and particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. Noise levels in the work environment are usually moderate but may occasionally be excessive.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.