Senior AccountantFinance | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem is seeking to hire a hardworking, dedicated and motivated individual to join our Accounting & Finance team in a Senior Accountant role.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyze complex financial reports and records
- Maintain general ledger
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Assess internal controls for compliance
- Interface with both internal and external auditors in support of audit procedures
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- Participate in the development of new procedures and globalization
- Collaborate cross-functionally with individuals around the world
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as needed to support accounting and financial reporting needs
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years experience in mid-to-large company
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Solid understanding of financial statements & financial ratios
- Strong accounting skills and financial aptitude with attention to detail
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Must be able to work with a high deal of accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Must be team-focused, excellent communicator, and collaborative
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years experience in treasury/accounting operations experience in a mid-to-large company
- Cash flow forecasting experience
- Understanding of financial statements & financial ratios
- Strong accounting skills and financial aptitude with attention to details
- Must be able to work with a high deal of accuracy
- Should be detail oriented, conscientious and systematic
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator, and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours (hybrid; office 3 days, home 2 days)
- Travel Requirement: 10%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.