Product Manager, Electric SolutionsProduct Management | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
We’re Hiring for a Product Manager, Electrical Solutions!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Sensus, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Product Manager to lead our Electric Meter Solution efforts. Main responsibilities of this role will include analyzing and optimizing investment strategies and market opportunities for existing product lines as well as developing requirements for new solutions including software applications, firmware features, hardware platforms, and industrial products in the Electric Energy industry. Join our mission of simplifying a sustainable, digital future for water and energy. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Develops strategic and tactical initiatives related to new product and solution introductions and drives initiatives through the Stage Gate process
- Develops and manages VOC business requirements and use cases in a requirements management tool, collaborates with R&D on the associated technical requirements development, and assures requirements are being met through system test and beta test programs
- Collects market feedback on existing products and services and prioritizes changes across releases
- Works directly with customers, sales, and support organizations to ensure needs are being met and are driven back into the development process via Stage Gate
- Coordinates with engineering, planning, procurement, sales and finance to assure cost targets, solution availability and profitability meet business objectives
- Develops and coordinates activities associated with the creation of technical, sales and marketing literature
- Coordinates and manages engineering and development activities to assure interoperability for multiple technologies across global markets
- Champions customer, local, state and national product approvals
- Attend, exhibit, present at national and regional trade shows
- Represent Sensus on standards committees such as CGA, AGA, ANSI
- Provides product and solution training to both internal and external stakeholders
- Develops product pricing strategies and serves as the subject matter expert for proposals
- Provides forecasts for revenue and planning purposes
- Manages end of life process for legacy technologies
- Analyzes and reports on competition, risks and new technologies
- Delivers presentations to executive management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Sustainable/Renewable Energy or related field or equivalent experience, MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering, project management, technical product management
- 5+ years’ experience with solution development across cross functional teams
- Ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly
- Proven leadership, organization, and planning skills
- Experience working in and understanding the software development lifecycle and complex integration activities
- Experience developing and managing technical requirements
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate win-win scenarios cross organizationally
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work effectively and professionally across a wide range of constituencies
- Experience in a fast-paced matrixed technical organization
- Ability to work independently while responding to changing business and technical conditions
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a standard office environment. The standard working hours are 40 hours per week.
The estimated salary range for this position is $100,000 to $130,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.