Field Process TechnicianEngineering | Zelienople, PA, United States
We’re Hiring for a Field Process Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Field Process Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosis, replacement and repair, calibration of water and wastewater treatment equipment including pumps, sensors, blowers in a shop or field environment while maintaining a strong safety culture and maintains an office of record at the company’s primary business location for data input and other assigned duties. In this role, the individual will also perform functional testing for product development, build experimental set-ups (bench and/or pilot scale), and environmental sample testing in the laboratory. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Operate, maintain and repair mobile and stationary pilot equipment including pumps, mixers, instruments, valves, sensors, chemical delivery systems, control systems and other equipment associated with the company’s field-testing units
- Build and plumb bench, or pilot scale test set-up
- Collect and perform laboratory testing of water and wastewater samples
- Conduct preventative maintenance of shop equipment, sensor calibrations
- Conduct performance tests on pilot installations, train clients on pilot O&M as needed
- Work within Xylem and customers to arrange transportation of pilot systems to and from the field
- Use lift devices, forklifts, and other aides to move items
- Prepare and maintain material inventory and proper storage practices of pilot and shop equipment
- Manage safe disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste according to OSHA requirements
- Manage workplace safety requirements
- Participate in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Develop a working knowledge of water/wastewater treatment & control processes
- Other associated duties may be assigned
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- High school diploma/certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing field service in a manufacturing or a heavy machinery environment
- Possess a working knowledge with pumps, valves, instruments
- Ability to disassemble, repair and/ or replace malfunctioning equipment
- Ability to use common hand and power tools, drill press and table saws
- Ability to perform plumbing tasks with PVC or steel pipe and fittings
- Ability to learn and perform various thermoplastic welding techniques. Training provided.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Understanding of safeguards and general working knowledge with 230/ 460 volt - 3 phase and 120/ 240 volt - single phase powered equipment
- Computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
- Possess good written communication, oral communication, and good reading comprehension skills in the English language
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment varies across office, field, and lab environments and the physical demands may include but not limited to sitting, bending, standing, reaching, and lifting up to 50lbs.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.