Electro-mechanical TechnicianOperations | Batavia, NY, United States
We’re Hiring for a Electro-mechanical Technician
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Electro-mechanical Technician, will be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, servicing, and repairing Flygt pumping and support equipment in a safe and efficient manner in the shop or at a customer job site. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform Electrical Mechanic service on Xylem Flygt pumps and accessories
- Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and servicing as directed on Xylem submersible pumps and equipment Diagnose and report any damage to the Service Manager.
- Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list for assigned Xylem equipment. Review list of parts with Service Manager and obtain approval to continue with servicing and repair.
- Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Assist customer and/or Xylem personnel with setting up pumping systems on customer job sites as needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies, and best practices.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation schedule to assist customers after hours.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Electrical & Hydraulic experience: training or a combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Experience with electric motor repairs
- Ability to diagnose common mechanical and electrical issues
- Basic knowledge of DC electric and circuit testing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and managers both verbally and in writing
- Electrical Mechanic Experience for Water Utilities repair work
SALARY: The estimated salary range for this position is $29/hr to $ 32/hr plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.