Customer Support SpecialistSales | Toronto, ON, Canada
We’re Hiring for a Customer Service Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Customer Support Specialist will be responsible for providing a variety of order processing and sales related support to both internal and external customers. This position works as part of a regional team that supports a geographic territory. Expectation is to provide legendary customer service which includes prompt and thorough responses to customer inquiries while maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Order Management: Processes orders for products and/or services from sales staff or direct customer contact. Orders may range from off-the-shelf quick ship to more complex, longer cycle projects. Responsible for proactive, thorough follow up on order backlog to ensure order details are current. Provides timely communications on order status and changes to relevant parties. May coordinate and meet with other departments regarding order status, shipping dates, prices, product availability and back orders. Maintains virtual customer files with sales contracts and other information.
- Customer Billing Resolution: Investigates and resolves billing issues related to customer disputes as relayed from A/R collections team.
- Sales Support: Provide price & availability, formal quotations and other pre and post order support functions.
- Perform backup coverage within specific team and across other teams of similar function.
- Comply with all established policies and procedures.
- Participate in new initiatives as requested.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of relevant experience
Legendary customer service skills; an unwavering passion for taking care of the customer.
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool
Ability to work independently.
Strong & respectful collaborative skills and business acumen
Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base in a matrixed organization.
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Passionate about service and support-seeks to achieve extraordinary results as part of a high energy team.
Demonstrate basic problem-solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take in responsibility
Confident self-starter with ability to prioritize and manage yourself to get things done with minimal oversight.
- Good computer skills, including but not limited to: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate courtesy and tact when dealing with coworkers.
- Order entry (Customer Service) experience preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Select Configure Price Quote (SCPQ) tools
- Experience with supporting engineered projects from quote/bid to order delivery and invoicing
- Continuous improvement, lean practices, value stream mapping and waste elimination experience
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
We foster a positive, equitable and progressive workforce and are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. If you require any accommodation during the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources, Christy Walsh at Christy.Walsh@xylem.com.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.