Communications ManagerCommunications | Any Location - Belgium, Belgium
Xylem is a global water technology company with over 17.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used.
Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are also committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
Reporting to Xylem Europe’s Director of Communications, the Internal & External Communications Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the internal and external communications strategies, workplans, and initiatives to support Xylem’s business objectives in Europe.
You will also oversee the production of high-quality content that engages our internal and external stakeholders, increasing our visibility, and building brand recognition. All while promoting Xylem’s vision, values and ensuring consistent messaging across our region.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive external communications strategy, plan, and tactics that activate stakeholders at scale to shape markets and public opinion, and that increase Xylem Europe’s share of mind on topics key to our growth strategy.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive internal communications strategy, plan, and tactics that convert employee engagement into advocacy toward customers, colleagues, and candidates.
- Act as trusted communications advisor and thought partner to Xylem Europe’s Leadership Team.
- Partner with Corporate Communications team to enhance and protect the reputation of Xylem in Europe.
- Lead and deliver an internal messaging plan on culture shift topics such as organizational changes, rewards & recognition, continuous improvement, safety, compliance, diversity, inclusion, and other topics.
- Write, design, create and distribute high-quality, effective and inspiring content and activities to keep our audiences informed and engaged.
- Identify clear communications goals and results that can be tracked and measured.
- Capture successes and metrics from across the region and translate them into compelling stories to be shared internally and externally.
- Maintain calendar of communications, events and activities to ensure right cadence and timing.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or another field relevant to the job responsibilities (additional related experience may substitute for required education).
- 5 years of relevant work experience including writing and editing experience.
- Equally skilled at strategic thinking and tactical execution. Proven track record of developing and implementing successful communications strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ranging from distilling complex topics and translating them to clear, short, attention-grabbing messages for audiences with various levels of understanding, to creating purposeful calls to action, drafting executive talk points and more.
- Clear demonstration of cultural fluency; understanding of cultural issues that most impact colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize shifting workloads, manage multiple tasks with concurrent deadlines, and work independently with minimal direction in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills, professional presence conducive to working with executives
- Skilled at navigating complex issues, leading through influence and building relationships.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and resourceful in gathering information from across the organization.
- Takes initiative to bring forward new ideas to deliver creative programs and improve processes.
- Outstanding oral and written communications and presentation skills in English are essential.
- Communications skills in another European language are considered a plus.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
We are looking forward to your application!
Contract: Full time, permanent
Location: Hybrid or full remote
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.