Associate Application EngineerEngineering | Lubbock, TX, United States
We’re Hiring for an Associate Application Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Associate Application Engineer will be responsible for providing cordial, timely, and accurate Vertical Turbine Pump product application and quotation assistance to customers and distributors. In this role, the incumbent will also work together with marketing, and field sales to understand the needs and desires of the customers and provide them with service levels that meet or exceed customer expectations. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Provide optimal design selections based on customer duty requirements.
- Select materials based on application requirements while also being cost effective to both the factory and end user.
- Work with purchasing team to obtain costing for components for nonstock items.
- Provide selection and quotation training to external customers.
- Prioritize projects according to need and ability to win.
- Maintain CRM funnel to ensure opportunity visibility by field sales team.
- Receive customer purchase orders for quoted projects and gather pertinent information for submittal creation and order execution.
- Achieve annual standard margin targets and revenue targets
- Customer satisfaction and retention.
- Update and research recommendations for product and system improvements.
- Project pricing and lead time negotiations.
- Execute negotiations for large project terms and conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- 0-2+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.