Solution Project ManagerEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem company, seeks to hire a Solution Project Manager who will be responsible for leading product development projects as part of the Solutions Team. The Solution Project Manager will lead cross-functional teams in our Morrisville, NC engineering center.
The Solution Project Manager (SPM) is an experienced professional responsible for effective management of all technical and non-technical aspects of assigned project(s) and project team(s) to successfully drive product solution delivery on-time and within specification(s). The Solutions Project Manager must be knowledgeable in all aspects of the design, development and verification process as it relates to hardware, firmware and software components, along with the enablement of supporting processes and services (Systems Test, Quality, etc...) The SPM must be able to drive integration of all aspects of the solution and oversee development, test, manufacturing, customer support, and documentation and training functions. The SPM will prepare project plans and documentation in adherence with the Stage Gate methodology. The SPM will serve as the champion of their solution(s), and must be capable of both inspiring and challenging matrix teams to meet the marketing and engineering objectives that are set. The SPM will also be responsible for being a champion of change management, as well as serving as an advocate for the Solutions team within other organizations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead new product solutions through the full product development life cycle using Stage Gate methodology, from concept and customer requirements through commercial launch of the product
- Prepare, lead, and document all Gate/Milestone reviews for each product solution
- Develop and implement project plans in collaboration with the cross-functional team(s)
- Track / Analyze / Report progress against project plan(s)
- Assist with development of the business case
- Assemble and manage the performance of cross-functional solution teams. Schedule and conduct regular project meetings to ensure that projects are developed from a solution perspective, including coordinating all cognizant organizations to ensure the product solution is completed on schedule and on budget
- Document and disseminate issues, decisions, meeting minutes and action items
- Use established metrics to monitor budget, schedule, and risk, and make recommendations for recovery plans, if needed
- Responsible for detailed project schedules, risk definition and mitigation strategies, and communication of status and tasks
- Manage and lead the internal teams to support customer demonstrations and trials
- Facilitate ongoing lessons learned and ensure lessons are applied
- Ensure all product introductions are implemented in and routinely audited for compliance with defined requirements.
- Use SmartSheet as a project management tool to monitor all current project schedules and requirements.
- The Project Manager is accountable for completion of project goals by insuring tasks and deliverables are accomplished within the prescribed schedule.
- Ensure designs are reviewed by team to be certain customer and technical requirements are met according to stated requirements
- Display leadership and provide guidance to team members.
- Determine when issues/concerns must be escalated for resolution.
- Provide periodic status reports to key stakeholders defining project issues/risks with mitigation strategies and forecasted resolution.
- Provide insight/guidance to promote growth of knowledge base and enhance project management skills.
- Ensure that the quality and integrity of new products meet or exceed customer expectations and requirements through promotion of team ownership of quality.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business field preferred,
- 5+ years of project/program management experience
- Experience managing projects with both software and hardware components, Experience with Risk Management, Resource Management, Experience with Stage Gate/Waterfall/or Agile process methodologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) a Plus
- Experience in a fast-paced matrixed technical organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, experience communicating with internal and external audiences, including customers
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines while responding to changing business and technical conditions.
- Approximately 5% travel required
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.