Shipping Coordinator - Second ShiftOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Shipping Clerk is a business-critical position as they arrange and schedule all carriers for any shipments going out of the Morton Grove facility. Position requires the mobility to personally interface with employees throughout the facility. Long periods of desk/computer work. Both factory office and factory plant environment, with exposure to the associated conditions of same. Working around material moving equipment.
The Morton Grove manufacturing operation is part of Xylem’s Applied Water Systems division and is a critical contributor to the divisions’ ongoing success and competitiveness in the market. Major direct materials categories include Motors, Engines, Castings, Machining & Fabrications, and Pumps which roughly total $120M in annual spend. Indirect categories include MRO, Perishable Tooling and Services with an approximate annual spend of $30M.
THIS POSITION IS BASED OUT OF MORTON GROVE , ILL
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Organizing packing slips and freight documentation to ensure orders get out in a timely manner
- Provides any expedited quotes related to air, LTL and truck load shipments for customer service.
- Troubleshoots freight discrepancies between carriers and bill of ladings
- Contacts carriers for daily and weekly pickups.
- Provides backup supervisor support when 2nd shift supervisor is absent
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 1-3 years in a warehouse environment
- Transportation industry experience
- Microsoft Outlook
- Warehouse management systems
- Knowledge of loading and unloading of freight procedures
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Manufacturing and Warehouse environment; work requires sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.