Senior Field TechnicianOperations | Houston, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Senior Field Technician is responsible for conducting cathodic protection assessments, repairs, installations, and various testing procedures associated with cathodic protection.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Install, energize, and maintain cathodic protection (CP) and AC mitigation systems.
- Plan and perform annual adjustive surveys, which includes measuring and recording structure-to-soil potential data, rectifier monitoring and maintenance, soil measurements and continuity testing.
- Locate pipelines and document positional pipeline information utilizing electro-magnetic and GPS equipment.
- Perform depth-of-cover, close-interval CP, and coating surveys.
- Document physical features of installation site for subsequent detailed as-built drawings.
- Assist with the preparation of survey reports and job reports.
- Operate and maintain company assigned vehicle, tools, and equipment.
- Coordinate and complete specific project task objectives with minimum supervision.
- Conduct infield training for staff development
- Provide on-site technical advice to team personnel as required and provide team members information regarding technical problems to allow a remedial plan to be determined in a cost-effective manner.
- Adhere to both PureHM and client’s operations and HSE procedures and policies.
- Maintain accurate inventory counts.
- Complete daily timesheets and expense reports as required
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Analytical decision making
- Influential communication
- Business focused delivery
- Inspiring accountability
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Leading people & teams (for people manager)
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Managing change
- Design Excellence
- Planning & prioritizing work
- Developing capability (for people manager)
- Risk management
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or GED
- NACE Cathodic Protection Level 2 or 3 Certification.
- Alberta Industry Training CP Level 1 or 2 Certification.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical cathodic protection experience, preferably in the Oil & Gas pipeline industry.
- Experience with AC mitigation systems testing, and installation is an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must have a reasonable driver’s record
- The ability and desire to learn new tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good verbal, written communication, and computer skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong team attitude with commitment to customer service.
- Ability to manage time to maintain scheduling in order to meet appropriate deadlines.
- The following safety certifications would be an asset:
- H2S Alive
- Standard First Aid – CPR/AED Level C
- Ground Disturbance – Level II
- ATV Training
- UTV Training
- Argo Training
- Snowmobile Training
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures, and office noise
- Standard weekly job hours: Monday through Friday, normal business hours (40)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.