Production Supervisor - 2nd ShiftOperations | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Production Supervisor. As a member of the operations’ Assembly Team, the Production Supervisor will have responsibility for the 2nd Shift Assembly department to ensure that all productivity goals relative to assembly and crating are met. Coordination with the Test Lab will also be an extension of their responsibilities. Candidate must have both a broad understanding of manufacturing operations and assembly in particular. A heavy focus on maintaining daily OTP on pump assembly and shipments through production’s machining, assembly, and packaging areas will be required, so a comprehensive understanding and utilization of Lean Six Sigma tools is necessary to improve the work flow of specified production areas of responsibility. It will be of utmost importance to work closely with area leads to share and flex resources as required to meet production requirements. Daily changes in our schedules, priorities and the immediate response to customer needs is vital to the continued growth and success of our operation. Candidate must utilize and implement Best Practices and Lean Initiatives under the direction of the Focus Factory Manager.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast-paced fluid environment, while ensuring that operational and safety protocols are followed and maintained. If you’re a hard worker with excellent managerial and time management skills, we want to talk to you. We offer opportunities for career development, multifaceted challenges, competitive salary, a high-energy work environment, and excellent benefits with a company that encourages growth. If you are industrious, detail- and customer-oriented, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Extensive experience and knowledge of all types and models of turbine pumps and pump construction.
- Ability to read blueprints, bills of material, and interpret any other relative pump construction information.
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary due to constant internal and external customer contacts.
- Ensure customer shipments are inspected prior to loading to increase customer satisfaction.
- Comply with all safety practices, policies, general housekeeping, and established environmental guidelines for Xylem-AWS-TTO.
- Review employee performances based upon established guidelines and timelines.
- Maintain accurate paperwork flow from the time the order put into production until the order is shipped.
- Monitor time and attendance daily and manage OT. Document and record time for payroll
- Ensure 5S is standardized and visual for all employees. Ensure area has complete 5S coverage and is in complete compliance
- Ensure employees have the tools and resources they need to work safely and effectively. Monitor and audit area for unsafe practices and conditions.
- Work with appropriate departments and people to develop or further develop work instructions for areas. Ensure that work performed complies with engineering and quality standards, specifications and meets overall customer requirements.
- Audit area quality checklist for compliance and proper usage.
- Ensure department receipts and handoffs are properly processed and “clean”. Ensure MRB request ae being completed efficiently and properly as required.
- Responsible for managing MDI boards in respective production areas.
- Schedule with Maintenance for area repairs, improvements and PM’s.
- Responsible for area productivity
- Responsible for coming in early, staying late and working non-standard work days/hours as area needs required to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure the production Schedule/Tracker is being updated daily as work is being completed
- Responsible for dis-assembly and inspection of test failures 14” and larger.
- Inventory: Ensure ordering for area floor stock; work with materials and planning for accurate control of inventoried production items; submit requisitions as needed; and ensure all inventory transactions and routing steps have been scanned for areas.
- Maintenance: Ensure equipment and motors are properly maintained; schedule with maintenance for repairs, improvements, and PM’s; verbally communicate with maintenance directly on emergency breakdowns; and inform manager of any related downtime.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- The qualified, successful candidate will be cost-conscious and take the initiative to increase our production stats while reducing our operational cost. We’re looking for an inspiring individual that has the skills to build teams and morale while instilling a continuous improvement culture.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Required: BS degree in Business or Engineering with 2 years industry experience, or HS Diploma/GED plus a minimum of 10+ years’ experience industry experience. Preferred minimum 2 years Assembly/Machine Shop environment. Supervisory experience preferred. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Basic shop math skills, strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills required. Basic computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Preferred: Background in Pump Manufacturing
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Able to physically work in and supervise the Production assembly and packaging areas in the Lubbock operation to ensure that all work is progressing as required and that quality and OTD deadlines are being met daily.
- Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate with others and work in a fast-paced, demanding atmosphere.
- Must be able to operate a computer and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Medium lifting (25-35 lbs.), shop and office combined environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Shop: Rotating equipment with water and electrical components in use. Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.