Mobile Service Technician - $3,500 Sign On BonusOperations | Malvern, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Mobile Electrical Equipment technician will support the rental and sale of Dewatering system solutions including the Godwin Dri-Prime® and Flygt electric submersible equipment by providing application, installation, troubleshooting and repair services for all monitoring and control products within the Dewatering organization. $3,500 Sign On Bonus
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and make electrical repairs to electrical equipment including: motor starter panels
- Use a multimeter to diagnose problems with low voltage DC signal wiring.
- Provide field support on location or over the phone
- Read electric control wiring diagrams to build and troubleshoot systems
- Perform preventative maintenance and service with minimal direction on electrical fleet equipment between each rental.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems and pump problems.
- Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list for assigned fleet equipment.
- Assist with system setup on customer job sites as needed.
- Operate a service truck and respond to after-hours customer repair calls as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Three to five years’ experience in troubleshooting and repairing electric controls, related industrial equipment
- Experience with variable frequency drives and PLC controls preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form at multiple levels
- Ability to communicate clearly on mobile devices
- Legible handwriting
- Ability to calculate general math, standard and metric measurements
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical wiring schematics and mechanical drawings
- Thorough understanding of single phase and three phase electrical systems as well as DC systems
- Ability to troubleshoot control panels for single phase and three phase controls
- Forklift certification preferred
- Service and repair knowledge of electrical equipment
- Knowledge of AC/DC component location and identification
- Knowledge of AC/DC electric and circuit testing skills
- Experience with electrical submersible equipment a plus
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Prolonged standing on concrete floors
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
- Carrying up to 50 pounds
- Bending, squatting, stooping, reaching above shoulder level
- Shop environment: intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes all within limits of OSHA standards
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.