Manager, Order Fulfillment SEASales | Shah Alam, Malaysia, Malaysia
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (includes key and additional responsibilities)
- Manage the Customer Service team to ensure quick turnaround of order processing and timely communication with customers and work closely with Procurement/ Purchasing and Manufacturing to plan deliveries at appropriate time for each order
- Establish and achieving KPIs and benchmarks to measure Customer Service performance, e.g. X days response time
- Coordinate with supply chain personnel, distributors and sales associates to improve customer service and business productivity.
- Continuously improve procedures and policies for better handling of customer correspondence and customer complaints for both internal and external customers.
- Work with Commercial Sales, Projects and AMS teams for the revenues recognitions and meeting sales and order forecasts
- Establish and achieve measurable performance metrics for all levels of supply chain and inventory management activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, procurement and productivity cost savings, inventory levels and material shortage elimination.
- Work closely with the sales, warehouse and factory teams, to complete inventory planning and forecasting reports that will impact the budget. Monitors and controls the inventory levels.
- Leads & collaborates with tactical buyers, Projects and AMS teams for local sourcing competency, preferred vendors program and suppliers evaluation (due diligence, service quality, etc.) as well s the procurement activities for the businesses’ deliveries.
- Liaise and reports to the XGP Procurement team for costs saving opportunities in the SEA region.
- Works with Commercial Sales & AMS teams to push out the Obsolete & Slow Moving Inventory (OSMI) for Book & Ship opportunities and inventory reduction in the XSG & XMY warehouses.
- Monitors the implementation of trade compliance procedures and ensures the compliance of the import and export practices with the local legislations and Xylem’s trade compliance regulations.
- Shares the trade compliance risks uncovered in the business which are not regulated in the trade compliance policies and procedures; and to investigate and evaluate the risks and design processes as necessary to mitigate such risks.
- Works across functions to enhance the trade compliance being enforced since it is the essential part of Xylem’s compliance regime.
- Ensure compliance with in-country regulatory requirements and internal procedures impacting site operations, in particular those relating to Environment, Health & Safety, and Quality.
- Support the qualification and renewal of site quality certifications such as ISO9001 and ISO45001.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Significant travel required by air and car across SEA region.
- Other duties as assigned when required.