Intern - Supply Chain/Manufacturing - Summer 2022College-University Recruiting | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an intern as a member of the Supply Chain/Manufacturing Operations Organization. The candidate will assist in process development and maintenance, continuous improvement activities, and operations support. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. The candidate will also work closely with design and quality teams to insure the full integration of quality products. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Interested in understanding how a product performs and the impact that manufacturing processes, supply chain, and operations have on our business performance
- Interested in monitoring process yields and cost, recommending and implementing quality improvements based on these metrics
- The ability to solve problems (related to materials, designs, equipment, or people) in a timely manner
- Desire to participate in the development and execution of new and improved manufacturing/business processes
- Drive and help to establish best practices and standardization across organizations
- A strong sense of ownership and drive
- Wants to learn from experienced engineers, architects and managers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, or equivalent.
- Minimum rising junior in standing
- Basic knowledge of test methodologies and statistical tools used to solve problems
- Willingness to work in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high visibility environment and work well as part of a team
- Have exposure to Six Sigma/Lean Methodology preferred
- Strong oral and written technical communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.