Finance Leadership Development ProgramCollege-University Recruiting | Rye Brook, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a high potential, entry level candidate to their Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP). This candidate will be capable of taking on a future finance leadership role at the Company after a series of rotations through various finance functions at Headquarters as well as the Xylem businesses over a 24 to 36 month period. The candidate will gain a well-rounded perspective from various areas including Accounting, FP&A, Internal Audit, Strategy, Investor Relations, and Operations. The Company will provide a mentor and formal coaching and development opportunities throughout the program.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Functions will vary based upon rotational area within Accounting, FP&A, Internal Audit, Strategy, Investor Relations, and Operations. Candidates will have full-time analyst responsibilities while within each area and will assist in various projects. This may involve:
- Accumulate and analyze results from Xylem’s businesses
- Assist team with closing monthly and quarterly results
- Update Presentations, Scripts, Releases and other materials
- Create reports and analysis as needed; Present findings in a coherent manner to various audiences
- Research of peer company reports
- Serve as liaison for the department and coordinate across multiple functions
- Ability to communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude
- Demonstrate basic problem solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
- Confident self-starter with ability to prioritize and independently manage to get things done with minimal oversight
- Assist the Investor Relations & FP&A teams with various finance projects including sustainability research, peer research & analysis, process improvements, and other items.
- Ability to proactively discern potential problems and propose solutions
- Team player and collaborative disposition
- Ability to work effectively with all levels and functions within the organization
- Willingness to learn and work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Flexibility, organization, and poise under time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to listen effectively, ask questions for clarification and guidance
- Ability to build relationships quickly and work in ambiguous situations
- Strong work ethic and personal responsibility to see things through to completion
- Ability to enhance productivity through technology … CI mindset
- Willingness to travel & relocate (as needed)
- Assist in Strategy projects or M&A deals (as applicable)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Minimum rising senior in standing
- Concentration in Finance, Accounting, or business/economics (other disciplines such as data analytics, engineering, etc. will also be considered provided there is adequate core business studies)
- Knowledge of project planning methodologies such as critical path planning.
- Knowledge of computers and database/spreadsheet/ word processing software
- Knowledge of basic query functions for the purpose of report creation
- Knowledge of powerpoint and basic presentation tools
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong written communication / documentation
- Ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision
- Ability to work with wide range of people
- The 2022 FLDP candidates begin in early September 2022 and rotate through 2-3 different roles over the course of the 24 to 36 month program.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.