Business Development Manager - South Central RegionSales | Dallas, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Your Role Xylem is seeking an ambitious and motivated Business Development Manager to drive business within the South Central US Region (Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma). Candidates should have an interest in advanced technologies, an entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in a competitive market while generating new business opportunities and increasing revenue for their Region.
This role will be responsible for developing solutions-based strategies in assisting utility and industrial clients using state-of-the-art pipeline inspection and monitoring solutions as well as maintaining the satisfaction of existing business relationships in the region.
The market serviced is geographically diverse with many players and potential clients; as such, this role requires strategic thinking, accuracy, innovation and strong negotiation skills, which are all critical to meeting regional goals and objectives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for sales calls, proposal development, and client relations
- Acquire new business while continuing to drive revenue from existing clients
- Build extensive product knowledge from both a technical and client benefit perspective
- Support and manage client expectations, as well as monitor the execution of projects
- Prepare and facilitate client presentations
- Develop strategies and proposal for pipeline assessment projects
- Work interactively with engineers, planners and scientists on projects
- Work directly with clients to understand and meet their expectations
- Responsible for contract negotiations, pricing strategies, and proposal preparation
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications:
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and confident
- Honest, ethical and forthright with clients
- Must work cohesively and collaboratively with multiple departments/levels and with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Energetic, driven, and able to build a ‘trusted partner’ relationship with clients
- Ability to be independent and operate with minimal supervision
- Must possess a strong business sense of how to develop, grow, and maintain sales revenues in assigned territory
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal, written, and spoken
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, a Professional Engineer is a plus
- Prior sales or management experience is required (technical sales or consulting engineering firms specializing in the water and /or wastewater markets a plus)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Able to travel 50 - 70%
- Must be eligible to work in U.S.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.