Assembler, Painter, CraterOperations | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Assembler, Painter, Crater – Second Shift. This position will assemble turbine pumps of some complexity for shipment or performance testing. In addition, this position will work around and with electrical leads, electric motors and wiring.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assemble turbine pumps of some complexity.
- Read and interpret formal orders and bills of materials.
- Work from assembly drawings and layouts.
- Use hand power tools to do miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Fabricate wooden crates and skids for pumps and components.
- Mark crates per the order instructions.
- Check orders for completeness.
- Provide weights and dimensions to the export coordinator.
- Paint pumps using standard and special paints.
- Support and comply with all safety and 5S requirements related to the position.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma/GED plus 1-2 years of shop related experience.
- Should be able to read complex drawings and diagrams, use scale, calipers and other measuring instruments.
- Use shop arithmetic. Should have general knowledge of complete range of pumps made at the operation.
- Must be competent in material handling using forklifts and cranes.
Preferred Qualifications: Additional preferences for a specific position.
- 12 months experience in assembly, testing, painting, & crating.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work in standing position 10 hours/shift
- Considerable arm movement and walking required; bending and stooping
- Work requires close attention to lifting and handling of medium weight parts up to 35 lbs. Heavy parts raised to position with chain hoist.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Average shop conditions with some temperature variations due to seasons
- Subjected to noisy environment requires wearing of ear plugs.
- Work around and with electrical leads, electric motors & wiring
- Standard PPE required: safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes with toe and metatarsal guards, gloves and work uniform.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.