Application Engineer - Product SupportEngineering | Pewaukee, WI, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Provide engineering and technical support for custom engineered product lines from preliminary and design phases through completed contracts. Work along with the application engineering supervisor to support a global Xylem sales team as well as distributors and representatives to provide product support thru specification review, cost estimates, proposal creation.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to management to determine which product will best meet the customer’s needs.
- Review of technical specifications with management to determine product compliance/deviation form spec and position Xylem in its best interests.
- Support and communicate with management, Xylem sales organization, distributors, as well as external specifying engineers.
- Work with teammates to product costing and lead times to establish budgetary estimates.
- Creation of proposals/contracts for new units for both municipal and industrial projects.
- Establish costs for all major buyout items for projects.
- Enter orders/contracts into ERP.
- Communicate all contract requirements to management, engineering, project management, and purchasing teams.
- Work with engineering/teammates to create engineering BOMs within ERP for ETO product.
- Coordinate with management and purchasing teams on all major buyouts to ensure lead times and cost estimates are satisfied.
- Continually manage ETO product contracts and communicate thru Xylem sales channels.
- Report customer complaints or any warranty claims to Xylem management.
- Working independently and self-motivated with strong product knowledge.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and proactively maintain collaborative relationships.
- Actively participate in the use of the CRM tool Salesforce for all US projects.
- Support a global network by effective communication skills across geographic, cultural, cross-functional, and organizational differences.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Industrial or Civil Engineering from an accredited educational institution.
- Zero to three plus years of experience within similar industry.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Ability to work within a diverse workforce and customer base with strong collaborative and respectful people skills.
- Possess strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively service customer needs and support products.
- One to three years within rotating mechanical equipment industry (custom pumps).
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or ProE.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop: Occasional shop exposure.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hrs
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.