ToolmakerOperations | Texarkana, AR, United States
We’re Hiring a Toolmaker!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Toolmaker will be responsible for the set up and operation of all types of machine tools in the toolroom and perform necessary bench work to construct and repair complex tooling, dies, jigs, fixtures and gauges. In this role, the incumbent will also need core skills in setting up and operating CNC & Manual lathes, mills, drill press, grinder, tool sharpener, broach, band saw, and other machine tools inherent to the toolroom plus precision measuring instruments and hand tools. Qualified candidates must also be willing to work various shifts and weekends when required.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Plan, layout, and perform machining operations and bench work to construct, altar, and repair tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, gages and replacement parts to close tolerances and finish.
- Set up and operate all toolroom machine tools and equipment.
- Using hand and power tools, perform bench work to construct and finish projects involving polishing, grinding, fitting, aligning, timing and calibrating.
- Set up and adjust new or modified tooling in production.
- Inspect and gage work for quality.
- Maintain good communication with production supervisors, machine operators, managers, and other support personnel.
- Must be positive team contributor who works well with all team members and understands they are a service provider to all operational team members.
- Participate in training activities, both on and off site
- Document and maintain required records, and follow-up as required on all deficiencies.
- Work safely by following all safety policies, procedures and actively participate in all site safety programs.
- Identify root cause of issues during production and document issue on action logs.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Experience in tool & die and machining field (minimum of seven years of experience preferred).
- Graduate of Vocational Machinist School or equivalent experience required.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret complicated blueprints, sketches, and shop drawings.
- Must manage/prioritize project work to quickly and efficiently complete tasks.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, as needed, to fulfill this job’s responsibility to the plant along with multi-shift operations.
- Maintain a good safety record and monitor unsafe conditions throughout the plant.
- Self-motivated individual able to use cause and affect logic to problem solve and driven to troubleshoot problems down to the most detailed level.
- Be able to follow detailed work orders, modify same through supervision or lead-person as required.
- Strong math skills and mechanical aptitude highly desired.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is both an indoor climate-controlled office and plant manufacturing environment. The physical demands may include but are not limited to occasionally lifting up to 35 pounds, and prolonged exposure to indoor and outdoor environments.
The hourly pay range for this position is from a starting rate of $28.94 to $32.72. At Xylem we offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, vacation pay based on year’s of service and eleven (11) paid holidays.,
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodation will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.