Technical Customer Service RepresentativeSales | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a technical customer service representative.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Receives order input and ascertains product specification, clarifies customer order language condensing where possible and verifies product construction. Refers special product orders to Application Engineers for pricing confirmation and special construction details.
- Edits customer orders and assigns codes for statistical tabulation and commodity identification. Defines method of shipment, tag information and product pricing.
- Performs on-line entry of customer orders for standard product in Merit OE system. Enters orders via Merit and eLogia for Domestic and all other BTO and engineered-to-order product.
- Communicates with customers through verbal, written and personal contact concerning delivery issues and complaints such as material shortages, incorrect shipments, lost material, incorrect pricing and product availability. Interfaces with necessary departments to effect solutions.
- Maintains on-line customer information and customer order database including addresses, ship dates, product, quantity, price, routing, tagging, order additions and cancellations.
- Generates inter-departmental inquiries regarding availability of delinquent BTO product and requests to expedite product.
- Evaluates stock product availability by analyzing customer backlog status with respect to acknowledged shipping schedules, commodity in stock and stock out positions.
- Monitor incoming requests for the Industrial Applications team and assign complex (Level 2 and Level 3) cases as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Customer Service Supervisor or Manager
- Deliver results. A TCSR possesses the ability to build collaborative relationships with customers, team members and other departments to consistently meet customer needs and concerns. They stay focused, achieve goals and are motivated by timely outcomes.
- Build through teamwork. A TCSR acts as liaison between the customer and the facility. The TCSR establishes good interpersonal relationships to further effective communication with other departments and deliver results quickly and satisfactorily.
- Lead with Character. A TCSR leads by example and is always honest, credible and trustworthy. They keep their word and follow through on commitments.
- Inspire Commitment. The TCSR is a facilitator who is able to motivate others toward common goals. They help people feel valued, appreciated and included, and in the process, gain the commitment of others.
- Create the Future. The TCSR provides appropriate training and guidance to team members where necessary. They are continually learning and working toward self-improvement. They are unafraid to drive changes that ensure improvements to work tasks.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of 3 years customer service experience in a technical product line, B2B preferred
- Two (2) years of college or technical schooling or five (5) years’ experience in a technical position.
- Demonstrated customer advocacy skills
- Technical aptitude & solid math skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment welcoming change and growth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience working with CRM system (Siebel, Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics) a plus
- Proficiency in second language a plus
- A strong commitment to working with a team, providing excellent customer service, and maintaining
professionalism is required
- Ability to process a high volume of transactions with proficiency, accuracy and integrity
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen, organizational, time management skills and attention to detail required
- Must have a working knowledge of order processing and marketing policies and procedures. Should also have a basic knowledge of products, customers, pricing and traffic.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by la