Product & Applications EngineerSales | Eastern Creek, Australia, Australia
Xylem is the leading technology provider in the water industry with the vision of solving the world's most critical water challenges. We are committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training, development and a safety culture.
If you are an experienced engineer with a strong customer service ethic, we have an exciting opportunity as our Product & Applications Engineer to be based at our Brisbane or Sydney branch.
In this exciting hybrid role you will drive credibility by addressing enquiries promptly and professionally, providing technical advice and quotations, supporting with application knowledge and product selections, timely and accurate data entry as well as active project management.
You will have the opportunity to to deliver value to customers through technical expertise and application knowledge as well as solid project management.
- Provide technical advice and quotations promptly and professionally to our customers
- Responsible for product and application system selection to meet customer requirements
- Enable and support sales to secure orders from pre-sales, order to delivery and after-sales support
- Responsible for development of specific technical knowledge and expertise in a function
- Implement defined metrics, processes and best practices in improving service quality to customers
- Identify and understand areas for customer satisfaction improvement, influence stakeholders and implement measures to drive improvement
- Collaborate across functions to deliver the customer experience outcome required to deliver customer satisfaction
Skills and experience required:
- Degree qualifications within the engineering and/or relayed discipline
- 5+ years’ experience within a technical support role in the water/wastewater industry
- Understanding of water & wastewater treatment process and their applications
- Understanding of technical documents such as drawings, product specifications, technical standards and installation manuals
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with a global, industry leader
- Company funded income protection
- Base salary and annual bonus
- Additional company Superannuation contribution
- Subsidised Health Insurance through Medibank
- Subsidised Gym membership (50% reimbursement p.a)
- Work with a team that is passionate, positive and love what they do
- Relevant tools of trade to ensure you can perform to your absolute best potential
- Opportunity to make a difference and become part of Xylems volunteer program “Watermark”
If you meet the criteria above and are keen to join us on our journey to solve water, apply now!