Master Supply PlannerOperations | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
• Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
• Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
• Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
• Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Master Supply Planner for purposes of leading a team of site level Production Schedulers, ensuring that material supply is driven to match demand.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support demand execution process, with specific focus on the following:
- Forecast consumption and monthly roll
- Use of Available to Promise as a business function
- Analyze and respond to demand fluctuations and implications on supply
- Supervise site level schedulers who are based in several internal manufacturing sites.
- Serves as a primary point of escalation for and liaison with sales, logistics, and manufacturing departments negotiating and driving resolution to issues (production, manpower, material, etc)
- Collaborates with these departments to establish schedules and plans that allocate available resources to best serve client or customer needs.
- Periodically compares current and anticipated orders with available inventory of raw materials; uses judgment to anticipate demand for and to acquire additional supplies as needed.
- Understand time fencing and balance supply to match demand over the medium term (outside 3 month tactical window)
- Work with Management to execute and implement process improvements
- Coordinate with production, purchasing, and finance teams to develop and maintain scheduling parameters
- Ensure Rough Cut Capacity Tools are kept up to date across sites.
- Facilitate schedule review meetings with cross functional teams and team leads
- Coordinate with other functional teams across the organization to integrate schedule data at the master data level within the ERP system
- Interface with other departments to ensure execution of schedule as planned
- Work cross-departmentally to create and maintain an efficient scheduling process
- Investigate root causes of scheduling-related issues and implement corrective and preventative measures
- Serve is primary point of contact for any large or high-priority customer orders to ensure production plan is realistic and attainable
- Assist in planning production capacity for upcoming months; ensure that production schedules align with monthly goals
- Support cross functional teams with risk management activities, such as identifying risks, evaluating priorities, and developing mitigation processes and contingency plans
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- APICS or Oliver Wight certified preferable.
- 6-10 years of experience in scheduling production at a manufacturing facility and working with ERP systems
- Proven track record of success, being able to lead and develop employees.
- Skilled at multi-tasking with flexibility and adaptability to changing schedules and shifting priorities.
- Possess knowledge of customer ordering and inventory practices and fulfillment processes.
- Possess strong analytical skills and overall business acumen knowledge.
- Excellent math and logical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); proven ability to communicate effectively cross functionally within the company. In particular, possess the skills to articulate data clearly about analysis’, insights, and recommendations
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Ability to work off hours and overtime (including weekends) as needed.
- Comfortable in presentations, written and verbal, to different level of management.
- Ability to Travel up to 10% of the time
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Medium lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
• Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
• Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
• Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
• Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.