External SalesSales | Sydney, Australia, Australia
Could you help us solve water?
Xylem is the leading technology provider in the water industry with the vision of solving world's most critical water challenges. We are committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development, and a safety culture.
If you are passionate about sales and possess a strong drive to deliver customer focused solutions, then we have an exciting opportunity for you within our new Sales Consultant role.
You will be keen to promote Xylem and its portfolio of products as the company of choice for all things-water and waste water related across a number of markets, within a dedicated sales region of Regional NSW with a territory ranging from: Canberra, NSW South Coast, Shoalhaven, Bowral, Bega, Wagga Wagga, Snowy Mountains, Yass to Goulburn .
You will ideally be located in one of the above regions, however we will also consider someone currently located in Sydney who is willing and ready to relocate for a sea change.
Your new role
- Undertakes site visits to our existing and potential clients in accordance with the sales plan
- Provides advice/support to customers on a range of Xylem products, attempting to match customer needs with engineered solutions
- Promotes service, spare parts rental and contract functions
- Analyses sources of tender information and future construction projects and follows up on leads
- Prepares sales orders, reports and paperwork to satisfy branch and customer requirements.
- Experience within a technical sales role in solution selling
- Pump / Water industry experience (highly desirable)
- Current driver's license
- Excellent problem solving abilities with a customer focus
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Experience working with a CRM tool, using the tool to its full capabilities
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with a global, industry leader
- Company funded income protection
- Generous base salary, quarterly bonus + ongoing employee perks
- Company vehicle + fuel card
- Paid parental leave
- “Xylem University” to ensure you are complexly trained and equipped
- Career succession planning and ongoing training to ensure you grow within your role
- Opportunity to make a difference and become part of Xylems volunteer program “Watermark”
Xylem encourages a diverse workplace, where gender equality is supported and highly regarded. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply within in order to find out how Xylem can grow, support and benefit your career within the water industry.