Engineered Solutions Supervisor-CanadaSales | Pointe-Claire, Quebec, Canada
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Engineered Solutions Supervisor is responsible for supervising the day to day operations, in a specific region, of the engineer solutions support team of the Americas Commercial Team (ACT). Supervising the Application Engineering/Project Management/Customer support Coordinators that performs a diversified range of engineering functions for pre and post sales technical support and implementation of complex projects, applications and solutions. Ensuring the execution of the full process on Engineer to order request.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervising a regional Engineered Solutions team (Application Engineering team, project managers, Customer Support coordinators).
- Administer and balance workloads. Develop and monitor the application of operating systems including policies and procedures, operating structure, and information flow. Ensure the volume of work produced meets product/service standards and exceeds quality standards.
- Provide technical support and information on a timely basis covering the range of Xylem product offering
- Guidance Given/Assignments Received: Assignments are received in task-oriented terms. Provides direction to subordinates using established policies and precedents. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and efficiency.
- Policy Involvement: Administers and executes policies and procedures that typically affect individual subordinate employees.
- Supervisory Relationships: Accomplishes tasks mainly through direct supervision of experienced exempt employees who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments. Responsibility for a single team and serves as first line supervisor.
- Operations Involvement/Direct Work Involvement: Focuses on mentoring, coaching, and coordination. Responsible for the day-to-day operations and supervision of a team of Application Engineers. Plan, direct, supervise, and evaluates work flow. Coordinate work activities to achieve the volume expected to meet operational requirements. Recognize and recommend operational improvements. Responsible for the day-to-day application of organizational policies and procedures. May monitor performance of staff members according to established monitoring standards. May approve special applications/solutions based on customer need. May make hiring decisions and conduct performance appraisals.
- Impact:Ensures that all work in completed fairly, effectively, efficiently and in accordance with laws (for team). Develops improvement plans in response to internal or external feedback.
- Liaison:Majority of liaison is on internal basis with subordinates and supervisors at equivalent level or one level higher. Liaison normally involves matters related to day-to-day supervision of the Application Engineering team.
- Scope:Supervises a team of front-line professional/exempt Application Engineering staff; first level manager of a work team. Typically without direct budget or hire/fire authority (but involved with hire/fire recommendations and process). Trains and develops associates within department.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Willingness and ability to provide superior customer support at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, coworkers and management team
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering required
- 3-5+ years’ of relevant experience
- 1-3+ years’ experience in managing a team
- Professional Engineering (PE) designation preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting of 20-25 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility or customer job site.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and customers on a daily basis
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Intermittent exposure to job site conditions; e.g., gas fields, petrochemical refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, waste water treatment plants, etc.; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes.
- General office environment and use of phone and computer equipment.
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law