Electrical Service TechnicianOperations | Eastern Creek, Australia, Australia
Could you help us solve water?
Xylem is the leading technology provider in the water industry with the vision of solving our world's most critical water challenges. We are committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development and a safety culture.
If you are electrical trade qualified, possess a passion for customer service and thrive on working as part of a team, we may have a role for you as an Electrical Service Technician at our close-knit Auckland branch.
You will be responsible to conduct scheduled and emergency service work, strip, overhaul, repair, and test various Xylem systems and products (U.V) and pumps to meet customer requirements.
Your new role
- Carry out service and emergency work on various Xylem products and associated equipment in workshop and at customers’ premises
- Commission and upgrade U.V, new pump station installs, pumps testing in house, as well as industrial and electrical work
- Clean, strip and overhaul customers systems and associated equipment whilst providing quotations to customers for cost of repairs prior to completion
- Strip, assess and rebuild pumps in the workshop
- Provide feedback to the customer on the conclusion of each service visit
- Inspect and test products prior to the dispatch to customers.
- Trade qualified with 5+ years' experience as an Electrician in the industrial sector (UV experience highly regarded)
- A strong ability to troubleshoot and diagnose a problem whilst out on site
- Drivers licence is essential to travel to off-site works at customer premises
- Willingness to travel both the North and South Island, this role will be 90% site based
- PLC knowledge (desirable however not essential)
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with a global, industry leader
- Generous base salary, quarterly bonus + ongoing employee perks
- Company funded income protection
- Company vehicle for you to use to visit customers
- Paid parental leave
- Career succession planning and ongoing training to ensure you grow within your role
- Opportunity to make a difference and become part of Xylems volunteer program “Watermark”
Xylem encourages a diverse workplace, where gender equality is supported and highly regarded. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply within in order to find out how Xylem can grow, support and benefit your career within the water industry.