Business Development Manager (Remote UK)Sales | Nottingham, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Business Development Manager – Smart Metering
To develop the Smart Metering business in the UK and Ireland, working with existing Sales, Account & Business Development teams to drive growth in Xylem’s Smart Metering & Network Communications Business. Promoting the benefits of Xylem’s offer, taking advantage of the step change in the adoption of Smart Metering from AMP8 (2025-2030) and beyond.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- The position is for a Business Development Manager - Sensus
- The position will be responsible for the development of business in a National Role for the UK and supporting Ireland.
- To manage the Sensus Smart Metering funnel and assist in the forecast of future business for Smart Metering products and services.
- The position will also be responsible for the development of business across all municipal customers where the products and services can be supplied.
- The position will also be responsible for supporting the Sensus bid team in tendering for Smart Meter & Communication Network solutions. Providing insight to the opportunity capture plan, customer focus and win themes.
- The BDM will be tasked within UK and supporting Ireland to identify and develop opportunities where Smart Meter Communications Networks and Smart Meters are included in utilities PR24 regulatory Business plans. Understanding and promoting the benefits of Xylem’s offer compared to competitive products, solutions & services.
- To support the development and help maintain the UK and Ireland Smart Metering strategy. Evidencing market intelligence and feedback to support the strategy
- To proactively develop and maintain key contacts within the Water Companies Customers within the relevant areas.
- To proactively develop and maintain key contacts within the Consultant Companies within the relevant areas.
- To research and maintain market intelligence, including information on competitors and price levels to assist in day to day decisions and the formulation of strategy and budget planning regarding the allocated markets and products.
- To monitor competitor performance on Frameworks for Smart Meter programs.
- Ability to organise, facilitate and deliver Product/Service Presentations, Lunch & Learns etc. direct to all Customer variants. Ability to organise customer events such as innovation days, site visits, factory visits and other associated customer facing events as part of the annual marketing plan or the customer business plan for the region.
- Any other duties, within your capabilities, as required by Management. i.e. Dispute resolution, troubleshooting customer issues, managing customer complaints, reacting to customer emergency requests.
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin color, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.