Quality Gage MetrologistOperations | Dubois, PA, United States
We’re Hiring for a Quality Gage Metrologist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Quality Gage Metrologist will be responsible for ensuring prototype and production Quality through inspection, recording and reporting results. Participating in quality assurance programs, policies, processes, procedures and controls currently in place to assure product quality with the goal to achieve high customer satisfaction. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Blueprint reading and GD&T knowledge in order to identify measurement gage methods for inspections. Submit change request through engineering change management system.
- Manage Gage Calibration program; Gage Calibrations, ordering and re-certifications. Record completion and management through gage software, GAGEtrak.
- Measure gages and record data using various advanced inspection methods (Supermicrometer, CMM, Keyence Vision Systems, Gage blocks, Multimeter, etc.)
- Assist in completing gage method Repeatability and Reproducibility (Gage R&R) studies
- Participate in External audits, such as ISO 9001.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing using Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- 5 years’ minimum experience in quality gaging or engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Independent work, following directions with little or no supervision
- Problem Solving skills/training
- Mathematical skills: Geometry, Trigonometry and Algebra
- Gage tracking software knowledge, GAGEtrak a plus
- Statistical analysis training for Gage R&R, preferred software: MiniTab
- Communication skills with all levels of a global manufacturing organization
- Ability and experience in working with cross functional teams (engineering, quality, production, etc.)
Job Location: 10 Dock Street, DuBois, PA 15801
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is subject to loud noises, changing temperatures, and machinery with moving parts. This role will require an individual to be able to lift up to 35 pounds and regularly sit, stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.