Project Manager - UK – Remote (Midlands / Anglian Region)Project Management | Nottingham, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: UK – Remote (Midlands / Anglian Region)
Xylem is seeking an experienced and motivated Project Manager to join our Project Delivery Team in the UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the timely, efficient, safe, and sustainable delivery of all allocated projects across the UK and Ireland business.
This is a key position in the Project Delivery Team; directly overseeing the core project management activities for the various areas of business including but not limited to Packaged Pumping Stations (PPS), Treatment projects, Service and Rental business. For allocated work, the Project Manager will be required to monitor and minimise commercial and other risks for projects undertaken. The incumbent must be skilled in project management techniques, stakeholder influence, delivering to forecasts and budgets and ensuring all company policies, frameworks, processes, and procedures are adhered to, whilst maintaining the highest standards and forecasts on Health & Safety.
- Deliver allocated projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, budget, and meet quality requirements.
- Manage the assigned workload or projects to ensure effective and efficient working.
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are met for each assigned project.
- Manage site engineers and technical staff.
- Conduct site Health and Safety CHAT toolbox talks and record Positive Interventions to improve performance.
- Administer assigned contracts and tasks throughout the project lifecycle, including contract claims and dispute resolution.
- Prepare project documentation, including RFQs, Project Programmes, O&Ms, Site ITPs, RAMS, training documentation, project files, and subcontract documents.
- Maintain up-to-date forecasts and reports.
- Maintain a risk register for all projects and escalate significant risks to the Senior Project Manager and Delivery Manager.
- Manage the financial performance and invoicing of allocated projects.
- Adhere to Xylem's Project Management Policy, processes, and procedures.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure compliance with company requirements.
- Provide technical and project management support for complex projects under the guidance of the Senior Project Manager.
- Undertake project review and close-out procedures.
- Support the preparation of project budgets, schedules, forecasts, and cash flows.
- Manage subcontractors, suppliers, and third-party contractors.
- Provide support to the sales team in proposal and tender preparation.
- Ensure projects are delivered in accordance with Xylem's quality standards, environmental policies, and health and safety procedures.
- Provide technical support to customers, end-users, and internal departments.
- Support the continuous improvement of project management processes and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in project management in the construction or engineering industry.
- Strong project management skills, including budget management, risk management, and schedule management.
- NEC3 knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and experience in conducting site toolbox talks.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel as required.
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin color, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.