Mid-Atlantic OEM Regional Sales ManagerSales | Any Location - Michigan, United States
We’re Hiring for an OEM Regional Sales Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the sale of company products, programs and services to OEM’s in a specified region. Individual will assist in development and execution of the OEM strategy; including: account segmentation, prioritization, planning, and execution. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Identify sales, margin and growth targets for various assigned accounts within region. Directly responsible for growing sales across account base and increasing platforms within existing accounts. Identify NEW OEM accounts and / or market opportunities and call on those respective accounts. Prepare Value Proposition Statements to be presented to OEM Sales Manager - Americas; also, oversee the integration of synergy products for all Americas products.
- Prepare sales quotations, select and size equipment per customer specifications, negotiate and/or assist in crafting complex proposals, Communicate and coordinate with OEM Application and customer service, Product Marketing, Engineering, and other relevant departments to promptly and accurately address customer issues.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing plans for the promotion of products in the assigned region, specifically for the Top 5 sub-markets: Boilers, Chillers / Process Cooling, Filtration, Vehicle Wash and Packagers. Work closely with OEM Inside Sales and Marketing Teams to identify Product enhancement and / or Product Development opportunities.
- Provide monthly and quarterly order forecasts for the region.
- Make prospecting calls to end customers, distribution channel partners, OEMs and EPC firms.
- Actively collaborate with colleagues throughout the Americas divisions to ensure Xylem interests are well represented within all market segments. Work closely with OEM and selling channels within the region, to determine best method to support OEM, including selling through distributors.
- Participate in meetings both with and without customers, as necessary for the purpose of developing strategies, reviewing performance, disseminating information on new products, sales policies and pricing, etc.
- Assist in selecting the right products for the total solution utilizing computer sizing and selection programs as required.
- Assist in determining specifications or design features through the Voice of the Customer to improve customer satisfaction and expand the scope and application of current product line. Identify and share competitive practices to Sales team and Marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of successful sales management or management experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical, industrial manufacturing environment .
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value-based selling.
- Previous experience in the use of Salesforce.com or other CRM’s is preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and management team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills along with knowledge of selling practices and techniques.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- General knowledge of mechanical and pumping designs; hydraulics; pneumatics; water flow; diesel, gas, and electric motors is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Ability to meet and continuously maintain authorization to operate a company vehicle.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is mainly performed in an office setting with travel to customer sites, manufacturing sites, meetings and etc. and the physical demands may include but not limited to regularly sitting, standing, lifting up to 25 lbs, etc. In addition, in this role the Individual should be willing to travel across the US and Canada on a regular basis. Travel would also include being available for various industry / trade shows, Sales Meetings and visiting key Xylem facilities on a quarterly basis. Travel requirements range between 50% - 75%.
The estimated salary range for this position is $90,000 to $110,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.