Data AnalystEngineering | Nanjing, China, China
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The EM Data Analyst will provide accurate analysis and reporting of the data collected with Pure Technologies, a Xylem brand, innovative pipeline inspection platforms that is of utmost importance to the owners of water and wastewater civil infrastructure. The Data Analyst will maintain responsibility for the analysis of electromagnetic data utilizing various state of the art proprietary software and techniques. This position requires a highly motivated individual who will provide our customers with critical information on the condition of their infrastructure.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Interpret pipeline engineering drawings and correlate with electromagnetic data.
- Use electromagnetic data to identify pipes with defects related to broken wire wraps within pipelines.
- Produce technical reports based on the analysis of an electromagnetic data inspection of a pipeline.
- Work closely with project team to: understand the full scope of a project, obtain all required project information and deadlines, and resolve any concerns or problems with the inspection data.
- May be required to assist with field inspections, on-site analysis and presentation of results to clients.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics or Engineering from an accredited university.
- Strong understanding of the physical sciences.
- Methodical and analytical with problem-solving situations.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Customer relation skills when dealing with project inquiries.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- General pipeline knowledge or experience an asset.
- Knowledge and application of artificial intelligence systems desirable.
- Knowledge of computer programming (Python, SQL, MATLAB, C++, VBA) and data science methods desirable.
- High level of computer literacy.
- An aptitude for pattern recognition and attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Time management skills and an ability to prioritize various tasks to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience in non-destructive testing data collection and data analysis desirable.
- Light duty, occasional assistance in field work
Travel Requirements (if any):
- Occasional travel may be required