Crew ChiefOperations | Tucson, AZ, United States
We’re Hiring a Crew Chief!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Crew Chief will be responsible for the safe, accurate and professional operation of the crew, provide direction to the Operators, in charge of field operation and is responsible for all of the equipment. The Crew Chief executes valve and hydrant operations and maintenance in the field as well as data collection activities. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Understand and follow all operating procedures.
- Understand water system dynamics.
- Be able to escalate in a timely manner when needed.
- Ensure all data is collected completely and accurately.
- Understand the details of the valve and hydrant data being collected.
- Daily download of data on GPS device
- Participate in quality assurance activities.
- Responsible for all activities and operations of the Crew
- Responsible for tracking daily production and timekeeping of the crew.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. This includes performing duties in maintaining compliance with any/all federal, state and local laws, regulations and requirements.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Communicate timely updates to management, co-workers, and customers to ensure timely and successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Traffic and personnel safety.
- Ensure the crew follow all procedures.
- Confined space safety
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in valve turning preferred.
- Water distribution knowledge
- Must have a valid driver’s license and DOT Medical Card
- Ability to understand, read, and write English.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Availability to work overtime, any shift, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Completes work in a timely manner.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Be able to stand on feet for a prolonged amount of time.
- May need to bend, lift, carry, and stretch to perform duties.
- Continually required to use hands and fingers and reach with arms.
- Frequently required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Exposed to outdoor weather conditions (heat, cold, rain).
- Travel up to 75%
Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.