Country Marketing & Communication Manager ItalyMarketing | Lainate, Italy, Italy
Overview of Xylem
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 22.000 employees dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
The Country Marketing & Communication Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating, executing and tracking the local marketing programs, to acquire, nurture leads and engage customers.
- Develop the local marketing plan, in line with the Country and Regional Business plans with the aim to promote Xylem’s company, products and services and achieve the marketing objectives.
- Manage locally all marketing initiatives and tools for the consistent implementation of the plan;
- Manage the external communication, targeting the key stakeholders (eg. customers, prospects, specifiers, institutional, press media) and contribute to the internal communication inside the Commercial Team.
- Monitor the results of the marketing initiatives, and drive corrective actions;
- Prepare and ensure the respect of the local marketing budget.
- Coordinate the marketing initiatives with the relevant other departments: Local sales & Business Development teams, Purchasing, Finance, Global and European Marketing teams.
- Ensure corporate branding guidelines are implemented.
Principal Responsibilities Countries:
- DIGITAL MARKETING
- Create thematical and Product Launches Campaigns by vertical, managing the realization and the execution of the necessary key collaterals and touch points (web pages, brochures, videos, key visuals, banners, e-mailing and Social Media feeds), in cooperation with the product Marketing and European Teams.
- Contribute to maintain the quality of the customer data base and, in case of no local SFDC use, to implement a process of lead management with sales team, working closely with sales and IT.
- Manage and ensure the correct content of local websites, incl. regular news publication; monitor the international Xylem sites to update the local sites. Review websites analytics. Implement SEO actions to increase traffic on Xylem websites and nurture leads
- Conduct e-invitations for all events, set up and manage online registration systems. Coordinate the webinars realization.
- Manage registrations, create customized company profile and/or product data, needed for external websites, eg. conference sites, business directories and any website that can increase Xylem's visibility on strategic markets.
- Manage any local extranet dedicated to customers or partners (eg Waterdrop, extranet for distributors).
- Manage the local activity on social media to increase the brand value and promote Xylem’s solutions.
- Collaborate with Europe marketing team to identify and develop lead nurturing campaigns and execute them locally. Ensure the right combination of digital and conventional marketing initiatives for lead generation programs with the use of marketing automation tool. Test and monitor campaigns to optimize performance.
- ADVERTISING & PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Coordinate the production of local content in alignment with the strategy: eg. local press releases for events, local case stories, local press articles, by interfacing with the various stakeholders (trade media, technical, sales, customers, agency if applicable), and obtaining customer authorization for publication in coordination with technical teams.
- Manage the local print and digital advertisements.
- Ensure the consistent Corporate and European content adaptation (eg. press release, newsletter articles, white papers, case stories), and manage a successful distribution internally and external, through professional media, social media, etc.
- PRINT MEDIA
- Ensure the availability for the sales force and the key external stakeholders (customers, prospects, specifiers, institutional) of the necessary collaterals (brochures, leaflets, posters, roll-up, Price list, catalogues) to support the business.
- Ensure a consistent collateral inventory system, and an efficient process to print only necessary materials, and an optimization of the print costs.
- Ensure the efficient organization of external events across the country: trade shows, conferences, customer inhouse events, events at customers sites, Xylem production plant visits, seminars, etc. , in accordance to Xylem branding guidelines. Prepare Sales enablement documentation as needed.
- Manage the local exhibition units, product demo units and other materials useful for events. Ensure an efficient distribution of the local and global units available for rent, for the appropriate events, including for distributors and partners, to promote Xylem brands.
- Monitor the local market event calendar to identity opportunities in Xylem actions for thought leadership; coordinate with the CT and GCs the identification of the speakers in case of conference lectures.
- SALES PROMOTION & CHANNEL SUPPORT
- Produce and deliver POS materials
- Manage a cost-effective purchase of the giveaways useful for the execution of the marketing plan and the increase of the brand value, in coordination with the purchasing department.
- Ensure the compliance with the Xylem design guidelines, by the CTs and Xylem local partners (Distributors, etc.), for the consistency of Xylem image and brands.
- Ensure translations and/or adaptation of global internal communication.
- Prepare and publish internal local marketing and sales news alerts on internal platforms.
- Ensure the relationships with local and European vendors
- Manage country budget and consistent planning. Coordinate with local finance department.
- Measure ROI and Key Metrics are met.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role.
- Availability to travel 30% of the time.
- Online and Social Media marketing experience.
- FLUENT in English and Italian, both written and spoken.
- Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function
- Some knowledge of Indesign graphics software for layout and image management
- Analytical and project management skills
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation
- Leading people & teams
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in brand development
- Degree in environmental, civil, or engineering is a plus
LOCATION: Lainate , Milano
CONTRACT: Permanent, full time
START WORKING: 2 days per week
BENEFIT: company canteen, bonus welfare, personal bonus
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.